Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upside Down...

So transferring photos and videos I took with my phone over to my wife's PC as she is always asking me to put any candid stuff on there so she can share with our families. Most of the photos come out upside and that is not a big deal since it is simple enough to rotate them right side up in windows and it doesn't change the format one bit.

My issue is with the videos. They ALL show as being upside down when downloaded, imported or looked at in windows. When I look at the files through Kies Air, the videos all look right side up. Why is this a bother? Because the only way I know at the moment to turn them right side up involves using Windows Live Movie Maker and after I turn them right side up I have to save the file in Windows media... this format is not my favorite for portability purposes and it also modifies the video to a small degree that I can visibly see.

Does anyone have an alternative to this that preferably is free and does NOT modify the file in an excessive manner?

Um... rotate phone 180 when recording & taking pics? O_o
    On my gs2 the search, back, home, & menu keys are on the right side. Are you holding it so yours are on the left side? Let me record video on my phone when turned around & see if its upside down...

Yeah... my video definitely flipped. So, just flip your phone right side up?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    Last edited by Angelsnecropolis; 01-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Upside Down...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsnecropolis View Post
    Um... rotate phone 180 when recording & taking pics? O_o
    On my gs2 the search, back, home, & menu keys are on the right side. Are you holding it so yours are on the left side? Let me record video on my phone when turned around & see if its upside down...

Yeah... my video definitely flipped. So, just flip your phone right side up?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    Well that sucks, I used UnNamed ROM which allows me to use the volume button for shutter so I have habit of recording on the left side. Thanks for the help!