Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GPS issues

Anyone having issues with GPS dropping after 10-20 seconds? The GPS worked fine before I downloaded and installed the AT&T update. I updated yesterday, and couldn't get GPS to lock on during this morning's run. Sky was perfectly clear, and, as I said, never had an issue prior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine works fine. I would make sure you give it time to get a solid lock (clear sky, don't move phone) before trying to use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: GPS issues

I have noticed the same problem. It doesn't matter what app I use(Maps, Endomondo Pro, RunKeeper, etc), the GPS signal is weak MOST of the time. I've had situations where I let it sit in one spot, touching on the screen a few times to make sure it doesn't go to sleep, outside with clear skies, and it doesn't locate where I am. Earlier today, I opened up Endomondo Pro while walking around in a small area, cloudy/rainy skies, and it locks in right away. Very random when it works and doesn't work. I hope this issue is fixed before the ICS update!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,910 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock

I've had no problems either, on various roms.

Sent from my SGS II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: GPS issues

Quote Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
    Anyone having issues with GPS dropping after 10-20 seconds? The GPS worked fine before I downloaded and installed the AT&T update. I updated yesterday, and couldn't get GPS to lock on during this morning's run. Sky was perfectly clear, and, as I said, never had an issue prior.
    Get a copy of GPS Test from the market and see if that shows a problem with your phone.