Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Default GPS issues

Anyone having issues with GPS dropping after 10-20 seconds? The GPS worked fine before I downloaded and installed the AT&T update. I updated yesterday, and couldn't get GPS to lock on during this morning's run. Sky was perfectly clear, and, as I said, never had an issue prior.

Mine works fine. I would make sure you give it time to get a solid lock (clear sky, don't move phone) before trying to use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: GPS issues

I have noticed the same problem. It doesn't matter what app I use(Maps, Endomondo Pro, RunKeeper, etc), the GPS signal is weak MOST of the time. I've had situations where I let it sit in one spot, touching on the screen a few times to make sure it doesn't go to sleep, outside with clear skies, and it doesn't locate where I am. Earlier today, I opened up Endomondo Pro while walking around in a small area, cloudy/rainy skies, and it locks in right away. Very random when it works and doesn't work. I hope this issue is fixed before the ICS update!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've had no problems either, on various roms.

Sent from my SGS II
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default Re: GPS issues

Quote Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
    Anyone having issues with GPS dropping after 10-20 seconds? The GPS worked fine before I downloaded and installed the AT&T update. I updated yesterday, and couldn't get GPS to lock on during this morning's run. Sky was perfectly clear, and, as I said, never had an issue prior.
    Get a copy of GPS Test from the market and see if that shows a problem with your phone.