So former iPhone owners, what do you miss?

deysson

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I DO miss Instagram. They have been announcing 'imminent Android release' for some time now, but nothing happened.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I DO miss Instagram. They have been announcing 'imminent Android release' for some time now, but nothing happened.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk

Well it's here. I personally like mobli better but all my friends use instagram so I use that too now.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk. Whoops it's an iPad 2 I couldn't tell the difference.

Ufda

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I miss the fact that my email remained in my Outlook on my PC after I opened it on the iphone. When I open email on my S II and delete it, it is also deleted from my Outlook on my PC.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Instagram, so I don't know how awesome it is, but if you guys are looking for a simple filter app that makes photos look better, try Pudding Camera. Once again, I don't know how it is in comparison to Instagram, but my friends on Android seem totally happy with it.

bmg373

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I go to sleep at night listening to music. What I miss most is a good sleep timer! I've tried most of them on the android market and none work as well as the sleep timer on my iphone 4.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I miss the fact that my email remained in my Outlook on my PC after I opened it on the iphone. When I open email on my S II and delete it, it is also deleted from my Outlook on my PC.

This is assuming you are using the stock Mail app. Under account settings, go to the incoming mail settings. There is an option there for deletion from the server: never or when deleted from the inbox. My Exchange work account is set to "never."

Apple_sux

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I miss being F'*&%ed around
by apple and their restrictions
on the Iphone.
1. 20 meg download limit
over the 3g network
2. blutooth was restricted
3. cant instal flash player
4. v card only works between
apple products
5. Video calling is called facetime
to give the illusion it is a new
way to talk to communicate
by video calling.
6. must use itunes to put music
on iphone, cant just copy and
paste.

Buying the Iphone was supposed
to open my mind toward Apple,
that did not happen, it closed it
even more.

These are not glitches with
iphone, unless you jailbreak
the phone, they are permanent
restrictions.

The thing I dont understand is
people accept these restrictions
even I.T Tech heads.

Never ever again Apple.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: NEDNERBISH

mulasien

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
To be brutally honest, I miss not having to wait 6+ months for an official update vs. IOS updates being available the day it's released.

Basically I hate the fragmentation of the Android platform altogether. I like everything else, but waiting for Samsung, and then AT&T, to finally push an update that's already almost out of date (Jellybean is now coming down the pike, already) is just freaking ridiculous.

nagy07

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe I'm the first to say the keyboard... I really do miss that. but I can't think of much else. I would like biteSMS with the individual customization of handcent but actually stable unlike handcent lol. I miss retina display also, but the fact android apps download least 20 times faster, usually before my iphone would actually start making progress. I agree with the data connection being sketchy on android tho it's very frustrating. The little cydia tweaks you could get were cool tho, like flash light by holding lock button for 3 seconds, instant camera from any screen you could see the status bar (snappy) but i really love not being tied to iTunes!!!!!!!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Think the only thing I missed was the on schedule software and hardware updates. So nothing much about the phone.

"Retina" display was nice for text, but the 4.3" SAMOLED+ in the GSII blows it out of the water in every other aspect. I guess I hopped ship to Android because I was sick and tired of being told that 2-3 year old technology was revolutionary and magic. Also when you're 6'2, a 3.5" screen for 4 years just doesn't do the trick. I think they hit it nail on the head with the 4.8" on the III. At least for us giants :cool:

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The broken home button.
The random reboots.
The small screen.
The thickness of it.
The overall fragility of it.

Oh, you said what do I miss. I'd say the only thing I miss is not being like everyone else in the office. NOT

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the iPhone 4S and she regrets the day she ever bought it. I got the gs2 and she wants to trade me. Sorry not gonna happen.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the iPhone 4S and she regrets the day she ever bought it. I got the gs2 and she wants to trade me. Sorry not gonna happen.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Amen brother. I think that's just a woman thing. My ex always wanted something after she saw what a good decision I made! Cell phones, when we ordered something to eat, etc. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Nancy Buchanan

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the old IPhone 3Gs -- I am REALLY missing the "Alarm" ringtone. It sounded like a fire alarm blaring. I work on-call for 48 hours straight & need a ring tone to get me awake & on my feet. Is there a way to download that (or very similar) ringtone to Galaxy S3? By the way, I waited until I got the IPhone 5 at work to compare its features with my daughter's Galaxy S3 & the Galaxy S3 won "hands Down" :)

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Use a ringtone/wallpaper app called "Zedge." Search for "iPhone alarm ringtone" and it will be first on the ringtone results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995