Galaxy S II or HTV Vivid (cheaper)

joepa150

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Iphone 3g and I am thinking about upgrading to a new phone specifically an Android. I don't want to dish out a lot of money and while LTE is cool to have, I do not want to pay extra for it, especially since I won't use it much and have the low data plan.

So I was thinking about getting either the Moto Atrix 2, HTC Inspire, or the Samsung Galaxy S II. I was leaning towards the Galaxy SII which I can get for $99 at Costco.

UNTIL......

I found a place that I can get the HTC Vivid for $75 (Yes Vivid not Inspire).
It has LTE and is a more expensive phone that would be cheaper than the Galaxy S II BUT LTE is not important to me. I am looking for a smart phone that has good quality phone, with good battery life, and good call quality.

So what should I buy?

Galaxy S II or HTC Vivid?

I don't want to spend more than $100 so the Skyrocket is out of the question.

I could still get the Atrix 2 for free at Best Buy or the HTC Inspire for free.

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If LTE is not important to you, then I suggest the GSII. While the Vivid feels a little bit more high quality, I find the shape of it just plain weird and uncomfortable to hold. The GSII is honestly a great phone and has a great dev community behind it. That would be my suggestion.

joepa150

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
GS II is what I am leaning to get. The Vivid never was an option. If I was going to go for LTE I would go SG II Skyrocket. It was just the good deal that was tempting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy