why galaxy s II I cant see the 4g icon??

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
^There's no 4G on Samsung Galaxy S II.. Maybe if you have a Skyrocket, then it should say 4G LTE.
Samsung Galaxy S II is only 3G/H+

joepa150

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
^There's no 4G on Samsung Galaxy S II.. Maybe if you have a Skyrocket, then it should say 4G LTE.
Samsung Galaxy S II is only 3G/H+

According to AT&T website, the Galaxy SII is 4G HSPA+

I don't know what 4G HSPA+ means but isn't that 4G???

Mine doesn't say 4G either.

My brother had the Skyrocket and his doesn't say 4G either.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
According to AT&T website, the Galaxy SII is 4G HSPA+

I don't know what 4G HSPA+ means but isn't that 4G???

Mine doesn't say 4G either.

My brother had the Skyrocket and his doesn't say 4G either.

It isn't true 4G. HSPA+ (H+) can be consider as 3.5G.
4G is LTE. If your brother has the Skyrocket and not in a LTE zone, it will be using HSPA+ (H+). If the phone is in the LTE area, it should say 4G LTE

joepa150

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It isn't true 4G. HSPA+ (H+) can be consider as 3.5G.
4G is LTE. If your brother has the Skyrocket and not in a LTE zone, it will be using HSPA+ (H+). If the phone is in the LTE area, it should say 4G LTE

Ok Thanks.

I briefly read up on 4G. Info is not consistent across the board. I read LTE isn't even true 4G.

I guess I really don't care. My SGSII was averaging 5-9mbs download today which if this is even close to being accurate is very very fastn imo. A couple of years ago my cable modem was only getting 3mbs. Now my cable modem is getting about 15mbs with comcast "speedboost". Probably more like 12mbs.

These numbers still don't even mean much to me. My internet is very fast and the downloads are fast enough for me.

Outsiders777

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Then, why on the box does it say 4G?? If it's not , then they should not be able to market the SGSII with 4G on the damn box!!!

False advertizement uber FAIL!!!

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Then, why on the box does it say 4G?? If it's not , then they should not be able to market the SGSII with 4G on the damn box!!!

Welcome to advertising. True 4g is 100mbit but nothing is close to that yet so they redefined 4g as LTE...then att got all pissy so it was redefined again and apparently 14.4+ is 4g...but until LTE advanced nothing is true 4g

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

It's exactly the same as Unlimited Data !! hahah But actually using the term Unlimited Data I think is worst, and really don't know why the gov, let publish something unlimited when it's not.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
To add still more confusion to the mix, I have the domestic GSII and a guy at the office just picked up a Skyrocket. Our town is a long way from getting LTE anytime soon, so we're both on the HSPA+ network. Mine has the "H+" symbol in the bar, but his Skyrocket reads "4G." Mine seems to move data a little better, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital