1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unable to download music from Google Play store

Hadn't really tried to download music prior to the week long sale/Google Play rebranding, but every time I try to download music I get an "error creating your purchase" message. It even happens when attempting to download free songs. Oddly enough I can download free and pay apps with no problem. Anyone run into this issue before ?
    Derp

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Re: Unable to download music from Google Play store

I'm not 100% sure but I thought you had to use their music player in order to listen to music bought from the market. Try and download the "Google Play Music" app

Are you associated with a card or billing to the phone? Sometimes AT&T doesn't Play well with the Android Market.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I actually downloaded google play music thinking that may have been it, but the error continued even after installing and linking to my Gmail acct. I am however set up to bill purchases to my at&t account. I'll try linking to a card instead and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Linked a new card and...success ! Thanks again.

I have had the exact same problem. I try to purchase music and it comes up with the exact same error. Did anyone find out what we need to do? Also does anyone know if and where we can purchase Google Play gift cards?

Walmart, Radio Shack ... I think I may have seen them even at my local 7-Eleven.