Miss my SGS2 so badly...stuck with WP7!

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My SGS2 died yesterday morning, as in no life...won't boot, won't anything (tried new batteries, chargers, etc)...anyways, it's going to be 4-6 business days for a warranty replacement to arrive. Can't be without a phone, so I go into AT&T store to buy one outright to get me through the week, knowing I'll return it (for a $35 restocking fee). Figured I'd try out Windows Phone 7.5, and grab a Samsung Focus S...same phone as an SGS2 practically, except the OS.

I CAN'T TAKE IT!! What was I thinking? I mean, if I'd never had a smartphone before, it would be really cool...but it is sooo restrictive, features you take for granted just aren't possible on this phone! People talk about iOS being a walled garden, but this phone doesn't let apps do sh** either.

It's going to be a loooong week....

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I personally really do like WP7. But I would rather wait for Win 8 and the final merging before giving it a try.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Could you expand on what you mean by "doesn't let apps do sh!t"? I actually like Mango OS, just something different vs iOS or Android.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I couldn't stand wp7 either lol I sold my focus too yeah it is real restrictive too just like iOS and they apps was high on price like iOS

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about WP Market place, but android apps on an average cost more than iPhone apps. Its just that there are more android free apps than iPhone free apps.

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Could you expand on what you mean by "doesn't let apps do sh!t"? I actually like Mango OS, just something different vs iOS or Android.

Meaning, that in Android, there are a lot of apps that can manage system functions, like schedule audio profile changes, create notification reminders, etc...there's so much you can do with Android to make the phone work the way you want it to work, but with Mango, you're stuck with what MS gives you. If you like that, great...but if you're used to having the power of infinite possibilities, it is a disappointment. Even things I've taken for granted with Android (and even BlackBerry), like custom audio profiles (ring type/volume/reminder for each different notification) are just not there...you have ring or vibrate, not much else honestly...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance