Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

I followed the XDA instructions but Kies always stops downloading at exactly 69% and gives me this message: Error found in the downloaded file. Do you want to try downloading again?
    Edit: Run as administrator solved the problem.
    Last edited by chrisfam; 06-22-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

My stopped on 90% while downloading to the phone. Now, I don't know how to re-start the phone....

I was hoping this would work on my SkyRocket as well, but no cigar. At least I have Kies ready now for when and if ICS becomes available. Maybe the Myan long count calendar theories are tied to this conspiracy by Google, AT&T, and Samsung. Is it possible the Myans saw this ICS event centuries ago???

im running the same rom that and shostock2 is great

I have had most of these issues as well. Sometimes the phone will freeze and go to a black screen for a few moments. If you hold down the home and power button it will take the screen shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

So is this rootable yet?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kindongo View Post
    My stopped on 90% while downloading to the phone. Now, I don't know how to re-start the phone....
    So has anyone got past this?

Quote Originally Posted by xtianp View Post
    So has anyone got past this?
    After sweating this out for a while, I just got past the 90% hangup by following the info here:

Follow that info but basically done by using recovery mode, restarted Kies as admin. I have ICS up and running. My phone was stock, unrooted. Looks great so far.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman1234 View Post
    After sweating this out for a while, I just got past the 90% hangup by following the info here:

Follow that info but basically done by using recovery mode, restarted Kies as admin. I have ICS up and running. My phone was stock, unrooted. Looks great so far.
    I got this to work as well, but be warned, any system created folder will be wiped clean (IE all my side loaded nook books, all of my backups for widget locker and go launcher saved to the SD card, anything I downloaded from AmazonMP3 store that I didn't move into my own music folder, etc). Thankfully my pics were all in a folder I had created myself, so they were still there. Either backup everything to the web, or move all system folders into a self - created folder to hopefully hide them. Good luck!
    Thanked by:

Wink Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

I followed the instructions on AC and the update went somewhat smoothly, I did want to backup my device before proceeding, which I thought KIES would allow, but after installing Kies it said that an update was available, so I went for it and prayed.. Like everyone else it took about 15 minutes and seemed to come up OK. ICS 4.0.3 was installed. The home screen looked slightly different, with the Swipe screen to unlock message at the top. Browsing the web did seem a little faster. Pretty much all my Apps ran fine if a little laggy. Had just installed Aces Spades under 2.3.6 and it was running OK, but under ICS It locked up, tried working with the vendor to see if there was a fix for it but to no avail. Think they're working on it and someday the issues will be resolved. Battery life was bad when I first loaded ICS, I have an Extended battery and it was running thru a full charge in under a day. I'll be watching to see if it gets better as it settles in. Maybe Samsung will look at this if there is an issue. So for me its wait and see.

This was my first update for an Android device, my previous smartphones had been Blackberrys and I did a few leaks,with my Bold's. For the Android Op Sys I would like to be able togo back to an older version if necessary. That had crossed my mind when the apps were a bit laggy and the battery life was draining a little too quickly.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Quote Originally Posted by gohangel View Post
    im running the same rom that and shostock2 is great
    Have you tried aokp out yet? I ran shostock2 and than I tried aokp and have not looked back! Stock android is better versus Touchwiz!

HTH,
    Charlie
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated
    andel7539 likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I got ICS installed probably took an hour total with my apps reloading. So far all seems good will update later.....Okay so after roughly a days use I have to say I like the ICS upgrade but battery life seems about the same. Runs smoothly with no noticable lag on any of my apps possibly even a little smoother and faster... anyways just my 2 cents.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by bogdaryl; 06-23-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: update after some use

Any more news on the ICS update?

I talked to Samsung support last night, they told me AT&T were in fact testing last week, and were going to release to everyone after Kies down time (today) but had to pull the update. Now again there is no ETA on release

Tried this morning - no good.

Hey, I think that my phone just grabbed the update over my wifi! I'm taking screen shots during it's progress with my ipod touch and will post them after it's done.

DOH! It grabbed the 2.3.6 firmware. I though I already had that installed...
    Oh well. Sorry for the tease.

Last edited by Jasco43; 06-23-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Atrix CM9 KANG

ICS will not be an OTA update, it is only going to be available for via Kies or unsupported side loading via Odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Who wants to bet we won't see the ICS update this weekend?
    I remember getting my hopes up in March, and I bet that we wouldn't see ICS until after July 4th.
    ... I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasco43 View Post
    I remember getting my hopes up in March, and I bet that we wouldn't see ICS until after July 4th.
    ... I hope I'm wrong.
    'very soon' from AT&T could mean anything..it may mean sometime tonight, could be tomorrow, early next week..honestly, who really knows, it'll be out whenever the hell it comes out

As AT&T did not pull the update notice, I would guess somewhere between Sunday and Tuesday

Hey Guys, you can update to ice right now.
    1. Open kids diconect phone and choose option Update and initialization of firmware, it will prompt the s/n and model (find it on the sticker below battery)
    2. Download firmware and when prompted connect the phone in download mode.
    NOTE: THIS PROCES WIPPED MY INTERNAL MEMORY.
    Let me know if you succeed!

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 usando Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    eagle328 likes this.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I can't get my phone to go in to download or recovery mode. Any tips?

lies itsesf tells you how to do that.
    Press volume up and down at the same time and connect the cable (while phone is off), then confirm with volume up.

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 usando Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    eagle328 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasco43 View Post
    ... I hope I'm wrong.
    Let's bet because I've been seeing it on my phone for the past couple days.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast