Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 137
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Just a little lag
  2. #102  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    I really hate Samsung customer service. I got the device not supported garbage and called them for help. They said the update is not out. They are full of it as always. I came here and read a little and thanks to all here now have ICS running. I had to go the download route but it went smooth about 10 minutes in all. And I thought that Motorola's MSU program was a little hard at times for some. I now know that there MSU is much better than Kies is. Thanks for everyone's help here. I mod over at Motorola's support forums and should have known to go straight here to where real people know there phones.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    I got the update to work through Kies today with some trouble. When I tried the update on my home desktop, it would proceed to the point of putting the phone in "download mode" (phone screen displaying Downloading..). The phone would not reconnect to my PC and I got Notice F from Kies. I got the phone out of download mode by pressing both volume buttons and power (read that on XDA). No update to the phone had been done. After a couple attempts with the same result, I tried again on my workload laptop. Then the upgrade worked fine. Both are Windows 7.

    Played with ICS a little bit, seems to work fine. Not too much seems to have changed, I guess that is partly TouchWiz.
  4. #104  
    Badgun's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default

    so I finally did the emergency recovery and got ice cream sandwich installed on my phone, but right now there is a progress bar on a black screen and it sayss Installing applications. But the bar is not filling at all so I don't know if I still have a problem or this is just the normal update process.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  5. #105  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    It did hang in spots but they all do. I would just wait for a bit.
  6. #106  
    TechFitGJ's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JELLY BEAN!

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Hows the battery life? This will make or break me updating.
  7. #107  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by TechFitGJ123 View Post
    Hows the battery life? This will make or break me updating.

    Not great compared to my UnNamed GB ROM I had before going completely bone stock ICS with this update when it first got leaked.


    You know the only thing I enjoy about ICS on this phone? Fixes that stupid garbage with MMS pictures coming in as a low quality slideshow. That's about it and I've seriously had the new software for what? 4-5 days now? No worries. SGSIII soon.
    TechFitGJ likes this.
  8. #108  
    TechFitGJ's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JELLY BEAN!

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Not great compared to my UnNamed GB ROM I had before going completely bone stock ICS with this update when it first got leaked.


    You know the only thing I enjoy about ICS on this phone? Fixes that stupid garbage with MMS pictures coming in as a low quality slideshow. That's about it and I've seriously had the new software for what? 4-5 days now? No worries. SGSIII soon.
    Thanks man! I'm going to stick with ShoSTOCK2 ICS ROM. The only reason i want to switch is for Swype. ShoSTOCK2 is amazing.
  9. #109  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by TechFitGJ123 View Post
    Thanks man! I'm going to stick with ShoSTOCK2 ICS ROM. The only reason i want to switch is for Swype. ShoSTOCK2 is amazing.
    No problem, brother. I even have OSMonitor to kill the supposed "Email and Calendar Sync Bug" task that was causing a high AOS battery %. Still only 11 hours on a single charge(I'm talking 1% battery left and down to the wire for 11 hours) and that's with minimal use. Barely any texting, 15-20 minutes on the phone tops in a perfect service area.

    Stick with your ROM.


  10. #110  
    illini422's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    The update process seemed to go smoothly for me, but now when it starts up it won't accept my password at the unlock screen.....

    Should I be prompted to unlock with my Google account after a certain number of failed attempts? That's doesn't seem to be happening.
  11. #111  
    Dark_Knight2's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,716 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illini422 View Post
    The update process seemed to go smoothly for me, but now when it starts up it won't accept my password at the unlock screen.....

    Should I be prompted to unlock with my Google account after a certain number of failed attempts? That's doesn't seem to be happening.
    You didnt do a data wipe before installing did you?

    Sent From A Rotary Phone
  12. #112  
    illini422's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Nope, no data wipe.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    No problem, brother. I even have OSMonitor to kill the supposed "Email and Calendar Sync Bug" task that was causing a high AOS battery %. Still only 11 hours on a single charge(I'm talking 1% battery left and down to the wire for 11 hours) and that's with minimal use. Barely any texting, 15-20 minutes on the phone tops in a perfect service area.

    Stick with your ROM.


    Click to view quoted image
    Ewww... Glad I went with AOKP. Over 10 hours since I pulled the phone off the charger and it's at 66%
  14. #114  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    I just went through the update and it appeared to be fairly painless. All of my apps, pictures, files and contacts came through unscathed. I can tell a big difference in speed going from page to page so far. No lag and very smooth. I'll give an update in a few days on battery life with WI-FI always on.
  15. #115  
    Morjesta's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.0.4

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by TechFitGJ123 View Post
    Hows the battery life? This will make or break me updating.
    I think it was better battery life on 2.3.4
    I feel the same battery life as in 2.3.6
  16. #116  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by jnmnml View Post
    I think it was better battery life on 2.3.4
    I feel the same battery life as in 2.3.6
    No ICS for me then......guess I'll stick with 2.3.4
  17. #117  
    tazman69's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by jnmnml View Post
    I think it was better battery life on 2.3.4
    I feel the same battery life as in 2.3.6
    I do not have ICS yet but a co-worker installed it yesterday and he has been playing with his phone A LOT, and at one point even had the screen brightness at 100% for 3 hours, and as of this morning after more than 19 hours he was finally down to 1% battery life left. I certainly get nowhere near that on 2.3.6. He said he can tell a definite improvement in the battery.

    I am hoping to get ICS installed tonight if for nothing else to fix the wifi issue.
  18. #118  

    Default

    Battery life is wayyyyy better. Its one un the afternoon and i only used the little nub on the battery icon. It usually be 1/4 gone by now

    sent from my totally tubular Samsung galaxy s2 sgh-I777
  19. #119  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Ok, just did my phone & no problems. Hard part was figuring out I had to add Kies software to my PC. After that, less then 10 min. & I got Ice Cream!
  20. #120  
    deepu424's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    battery is not so good for me..
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    i cant install ice cream sandwich why
  22. #122  
    latz333's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Carrier
    SuperNexus 4.2.1

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    My battery life is about the same but ICS has only been installed since last night. I will see what happens after a few days and the build stabilizes.
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    I don't see any significant difference in battery life, but, then, I use Juice Defender to shut off the wifi when the screen is off just as I did with Gingerbread so I had good battery life before and still do.

    The phone is smoother and faster overall so I have no real complaints.

    I will disable JD and see if the battery drops like a rock as it did prior just for grins, but, as the work around is simple, I will not complain if it does
    dingbat005 likes this.
  24. #124  

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawdawg View Post
    I don't see any significant difference in battery life, but, then, I use Juice Defender to shut off the wifi when the screen is off just as I did with Gingerbread so I had good battery life before and still do.

    The phone is smoother and faster overall so I have no real complaints.

    I will disable JD and see if the battery drops like a rock as it did prior just for grins, but, as the work around is simple, I will not complain if it does
    Okay, I turned JD off for two hours which is not long enuf for a valid test, but...

    Battery dropped 4% with no use (2% per hour). Checking emails, etc. all turned off. My experience with JD in use seems to be about 1.5% drop per hour, or a bit less, under no use conditions.

    Under 2.3.6, without JD in affect, it would go down a lot more when idling.

    As I stated, this is not long enuf to be a truly valid test, but, it seems an improvement to me.
  25. #125  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Ice Cream Sandwich has...

    Basic conclusion for me is for some reason, with my Netgear router, when WiFi is on, even with no use it drains the ever living **** out of my battery. Talking like 4-5% per hour of no use whatsoever. Same scenario, but no WiFi, just regular faux 4G H+ and only 1% drain an hour.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions