ICS fixes wifi battery drain?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You knew the question was coming. What do you see? I'm currently holding at 2.3.4

And don't tell me a out rooting. I know about that already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hope so. The wifi bug (battery drain issue) really annoys me. I am hoping someone who has upgraded can chime in and give us a report.

unforgiven

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but I did install the update last night. I am sitting a home connected to Wifi but not really using the phone. Unplugged it from the charger a little over 2 hours ago and I just checked and am at 96%. Not sure what the wifi battery drain issue is so this may not be helpful at all.

Jak2732

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
wifi still drains the battery on ics , if not using it turn it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my GSII to 2.3.6 when it was released and couldn't keep the battery charged at all. It drained fast and hard to the point that the phone was hot to the touch.

I found a stock 2.3.4 rom on the xda forums and flashed back. All was better.

I then forgot about the upgrade while waiting for a patch to cure what ailed it. I never saw anything come about. Then one day, i had an alert show up on my phone that said there was an update.

I plugged it in, started kies and updated, then thought, oh crap, did i do it again? I checked the version number and see enough, 2.3.6.

I was starting to look for the rom I had flashed before, but couldn't find it. So, I then decided to let it ride to see if anything was fixed. Lo and behold, no wifi issues. The battery lasted all day and then some.

After upgrading to ICS recently, i can honestly say that i have seen none of the battery drain issues on it either, so I guess it is just hit and miss on some devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
It fixed the wifi drain issues on mine. Wifi is set to on all the time, but it does not drain the battery unless I am actually surfing.

I am very happy with ICS

Reactions: futyb

birvini

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue has been fixed. I went 15 hours yesterday with light use and the WI-FI on. I was at 76% battery left when I turned the phone off. I believe that turning the phone off each night and charging it makes a huge difference. Mt wife has the exact same phone and never turns it off. She's always charging in the car and at work. Her battery life is bad.

Theolodin

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
When I updated to ICS, I still had the bad battery life that I did with GB, so I did a Factory Reset (per some great advice), and now my battery life is amazing. I did re-think some of my widget choices this time, but that reset really did the trick.

cwhedger

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I did the same, theolodin and mine has since settled into 47% in about 16 hrs of average email and web traffic, a few phone calls and several texts.

I had GO launcher after first updating and dumped it thinking it was leaking memory. I tried Apex and dont like it. So I'm using swiftkey3 and GO contacts(had ALOT of trouble with android contacts after win 6.5). I may reinstall GO LAUNCHER after awhile.
Over all Im very happy with ICS however Im very tempted to do the root and flash thing.

side note though...cant put my finger on it but I dont think the camera works as well on ics as 2.3.6

charly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams