ICS Issues

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have run into a couple of issues since upgrading to ICS:

1) Streaming audio over bluetooth to my car audio system stopped working. I get a huge stutter, a fraction of a second of sound then a pause of a second or two. I have the same problem using BeyondPod, Audible, and the Play Music app. I did get Audible to work once after killing every other app that I thought could be using bluetooth. But when I tried the same thing a second time, I could not get audible or any other app to work. However I have Belkin bluetooth receiver connected to my stereo system at home and that seems to work fine with my phone after the ICS upgrade. Bluetooth in my car was working fine before installing ICS.

2) When charging the phone with my car charger after 10 or 15 minutes I get a message on the phone that charging has been suspended because the voltage is too high. I am using a Samsung car charger that I have had for awhile, I got when I had a Captivate. I had no problem with this charger before the ICS upgrade.

Anyone else seeing issues like these? Any ideas for fixes?

Thanks,
Peter

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the charger issue. I get the high voltage warning whenever I turn off the vehicle ignition and the charger turns off. It also happens if I unplug the charger from the power source but not if I unplug the charger from the phone. Wierd.

I've been using this charger since I puchased the phone with no previous problems.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
1) I had the reverse. Bluetooth and A2DP was flakey before ICS. It's solid now. I had to set up the pairing again after the upgrade.
2) never had a problem with chargers. I use all kinds of generic chargers.

KRoberts

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the high voltage warning yesterday when I shut my car off. As far as the Bluetooth goes, I'm hoping it doesn't do that static lag it was doing before the update. Also the data seems to be higher as well as higher battery consumption it may be hand in hand, I shut some stuff off last night so ill see if today is better. Plus I took some pictures of the Waldo Canyon fire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The high voltage warning might also be happening when I turn off the car ignition. I noticed the warning after stopping the car, but assumed it had happen will I was driving. I guess it is no so bad if the phone is actually charging while I am driving.

Thanks,
Peter

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, I lost the ability to pan/wallscroll my wallpaper between desktops. The wallpaper just stay static.

I had GO Launcher EX and i tested NOVA Launcher. I figured it was just Nova, so i uninstalled Nova, went back to GO, changed my wallpaper and I was no longer given the option to wallscroll the wallpaper. Figuring out it wasnt the launcher, (option to wallscroll was enable) I opted for Nova, and uninstalled GO.

The solutions i found was either use a 3rd party app wallpaper and it will automatically wallscroll my select wallpaper from their gallary ( my objective is to wallscroll the wallpapers I already have saved on my phone) or use live wallpaper.

I also came to the conclusion that ICS 4.0.3. removed the option to wallscroll. I may be wrong on this since threads i read mention users lost that ability in 2.3.6.

Anyone else lost the ability to wallscroll? I'm running stock and did not do a compete wipe on my phone before upgrade. I'm not looking to root.

Reactions: Eric Rossman

Eric Rossman

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the desktop wallpaper. I wiped and ODIN restored to stock, then I recovered the device with Kies and let it push 4.0.3.

I was previously root and ROM'd

I too have tried my paid version of GO Luancher, with no change.
I also notice that an orientation change does not change the orange rectangle as well (it used to switch the orange rect to landscape orientation if I rotated the screen 90?).

If anyone finds a solution (or obscure setting change) I really want to know. I really do not want to take root to fix this myself. I am trying the "customer" experience for awhile :)

KingJulius

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
While trying to.upgrade to 4.0 ICS....once I got to the downloading firmware to my device it kept freezing and did not download. Can someone help me with this issue....Thank You!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34