Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Quote Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
    Once more before I wipe it...

Will factory resetting it do anything to OS other than remove my apps, personal data, and reset the basic look of the thing? In other words, will it reload the OS? I'd think that simply wiping personal data isn't going to positively effect the issues that I've been having. Rather, I'd think that reloading the OS is what would be required in order to do that.
    No, wiping the phone will not do anything to your OS. It only get rid of any trace of you. To load a OS you have to root, different forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by psufan32 View Post
    Once more before I wipe it...

Will factory resetting it do anything to OS other than remove my apps, personal data, and reset the basic look of the thing? In other words, will it reload the OS? I'd think that simply wiping personal data isn't going to positively effect the issues that I've been having. Rather, I'd think that reloading the OS is what would be required in order to do that.
    Your good lol. All is fine. Back up what you want and wipe the phone. Not your SD unless your ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Since ICS upgrade, battery draining 3%/hr while idling

In my personal experience, The battery drain has been better. With light usage, I average 24 hours of battery usage, Comparatively, it has been much better on my device.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitapostandroid View Post
    In my personal experience, The battery drain has been better. With light usage, I average 24 hours of battery usage, Comparatively, it has been much better on my device.
    I agree. Its slowly getting back to how it was on 2.3.6. I was irritated about it but, like I said its working itself out. I work outside all day and can't simply charge my phone. I do however have another battery from my other sg2 so if need be I swap it without thought.

Sent from The Dark Side

I have had so many issues. Seems like everyday I find something that I think is causing the problem but it still drains the battery. Yesterday I hardly used my phone at all but it was completely dead after about 8 hours of being in my pocket. I recharged it to about 14% to make a phone call and it was dead without using the phone in 10 minutes.

I did not do the reset like some are saying here. Does this fix it or are some also saying that the battery drain issue is coming back again?

I did order an extended battery last night. I have to do something. I just have had too many times that this phone has not been usable when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottwood2 View Post
    I have had so many issues. Seems like everyday I find something that I think is causing the problem but it still drains the battery. Yesterday I hardly used my phone at all but it was completely dead after about 8 hours of being in my pocket. I recharged it to about 14% to make a phone call and it was dead without using the phone in 10 minutes.

I did not do the reset like some are saying here. Does this fix it or are some also saying that the battery drain issue is coming back again?

I did order an extended battery last night. I have to do something. I just have had too many times that this phone has not been usable when I need it.
    Nah for some reason wiping it is helping the battery issue. Just back up the important stuff and wipe it.

Sent from The Dark Side

I have read elsewhere that a data wipe will NOT improve battery. I complained so much with AT&T that I receive another battery....same poor performance. I now have two crappy batteries. Between the two I barely get through one day...with minimal use. Now when I do a battery pull and put back in the same battery the battery % drops by about 20%!

My battery rocks since the wipe.

Sent from The Dark Side

I received my extended battery yesterday and I charged it up last night. I was very happy today thinking that this problem is behind me. I just want to be able to use my phone during the day without recharging.

I have used my phone a little more than usual (Maybe 45 min. on time) after 6 hours of use the battery is now at 35%. The only other thing I can think of doing now is to root and I am not sure that this is going to fix this? I have had a lot of phones over the years. I want to like this phone but I am about ready to dump it for something else.

I received my extended battery yesterday and I charged it up last night. I was very happy today thinking that this problem is behind me. I just want to be able to use my phone during the day without recharging.

I have used my phone a little more than usual (Maybe 45 min. on time) after 6 hours of use the battery is now at 35%. The only other thing I can think of doing now is to root and I am not sure that this is going to fix this? I have had a lot of phones over the years. I want to like this phone but I am about ready to dump it for something else.
    Word to the wise. If your not sure why your rooting it, then you don't need to. Rooting isn't going to fix the battery. I'm thinkin its your phone itself.

Sent from The Dark Side

I did a second full data wipe...still poor battery.

I notice that one of my two batteries is not as strong. I have a new job and can actually use my phone, streaming music and bookface at lunch. I'm having to change out batteries at around two pm.

Sent from The Dark Side

ROM
    Stock Rooted

My battery life was horrid on ICS... Once I moved on I gave the old SII to my old man, to get him away from WP7 and into the Android world. He travels a lot and is always on the phone, I ended up going back to 2.3.4 for him haha. I was so worried about him experiencing bad battery life. Though, he won't be flashing ROMs I might put ICS on the phone for him, since he won't be flashing battery life would slowly get better sticking with just one ROM and kernel combination.
    Galaxy S3 i747 | Galaxy SII i777 | Galaxy S i897 | Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510

I have done a few things that have greatly improved battery life. I uninstalled software for monitoring the battery and dimmed the screen down a little. This helped quite a bit. I also noticed that after I did the last update of my programs my drain went down even farther. Last night after being off of charge for more than 12 hours I still had 78% charge left (that is with the new extended battery).

Today is a little worse with about 70% left after 78 hours. I am at work and it is hard to get a cell phone siginal here. I think the looking for the radio signals takes more signals

I hope that this is fixed now.

When I upgraded my phone I was having similar battery issues, but then I read on another forum to do a hard reset. I did that and it took care of the issue.

How To Increase Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Battery Life

This website I found helpful...

It is said that having a "Task Manager" drains batteries a lot. I got rid of mine and my battery isn't draining as much, although I still have to charge my phone 2 maybe 3 times a day... But I play on it all day too. Are you charging your phone on your computer? If you are at times, it won't charge it as well...

Since Ics on a I9100, whenever the messaging app is active, the battery drains rapidly.
    If I forget to kill the process after reading an sms, the battery is empty after a few hours in standby
    Without that process active, a charge will normally last a few days.
    (gps,bluetooth are disabled)

Gingerbread is the way to go
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123