1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem updating to ICS using Mac

Ok, so I downloaded the latest version of Kies onto my macbook. Connect the phone and get the prompt that there's a firmware update. Proceed to screen saying downloading firmware update. Here's where the problem starts. After getting to 100%, the window closes and says Samsung SHG-i777 has closed unexpectedly. Then I get a screen on the phone with the Android character and a message saying "downloading, please do not turn off target!!" And the phone is stuck there until I remove the battery and restart my phone. So frustrating!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Problem updating to ICS using Mac

From what I've read, you can't use a Mac to do the upgrade. You need to use a Windows system to do it.

This latest update does have a Mac version. I upgraded to ICS on a MacBook Pro with no difficulties.

The OP may want to consider a full backup and then a factory reset before trying the upgrade again.

I'm having the same problem with my MBP, but after the update fails, it doesn't recognize the phone. I have to uninstall/reinstall kies. i really don't want to do a factory reset to update my phone. I wish Samsung would get themselves together!

Kids has been and always will be a fiesty program with a mind of its own. Sometimes it will work for people running Windows or Mac and sometimes it won't. You just got to be lucky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

I got it to work on my MBP after the update or whatever they did.