Problem updating to ICS using Mac

Kranica

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I downloaded the latest version of Kies onto my macbook. Connect the phone and get the prompt that there's a firmware update. Proceed to screen saying downloading firmware update. Here's where the problem starts. After getting to 100%, the window closes and says Samsung SHG-i777 has closed unexpectedly. Then I get a screen on the phone with the Android character and a message saying "downloading, please do not turn off target!!" And the phone is stuck there until I remove the battery and restart my phone. So frustrating!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This latest update does have a Mac version. I upgraded to ICS on a MacBook Pro with no difficulties.

The OP may want to consider a full backup and then a factory reset before trying the upgrade again.

xsinfulangel

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my MBP, but after the update fails, it doesn't recognize the phone. I have to uninstall/reinstall kies. i really don't want to do a factory reset to update my phone. I wish Samsung would get themselves together!

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Kids has been and always will be a fiesty program with a mind of its own. Sometimes it will work for people running Windows or Mac and sometimes it won't. You just got to be lucky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums