I really dislike ICS

Onth

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have experienced so many issue after I upgraded to ICS. I hope someone can help me to solve the issue so that I can start liking it like everyone else.

1. Calendar - I cant edit any of the event i have created. it only give me the option to "delete" or "Send via". as for other event that i have created before the upgrade, I can still edit it.

2. it is lagging like crazy. it delays at least 2 seconds everytime I unlock my phone, trying to make a call, trying to end a call and load any app.

3. Before ICS, when I click on the phone icon and trying to make a call, it always show me the dialpad. but now, it left at where I last used. for example, when I last the call log, it will show me the call log when i click on the phone icon.

4. everytime i kill an app and clear memory, it took at least 5 seconds to show "0" for active application.

5. this phone has became really insensitve, I have to draw several times on the pattern keylock to unlock the phone.

6. Facebook notification finally works for me before the upgrade. Now, there is no more facebook notification again.

7. I used the Battery widget on one of my screens, but it doesnt show the updated better usage left. When i already seeing the battery icon on the tast bar turning yellow, the battery widget still showing I have 71% left. I have to restart my phone all the time to get the clock widget and battery widget refresh.

8. Pull down notification - before the upgrade, I can just tap at the bottom to close the notification, now, i have to pull it up to close it.

9. Email - thats the most frustrating one. Everything about the email sucks, I just cant finish listing what I dont like about the email in ICS!

10. some other bug - some of the app is not showing up the icon, just the name. for example iHeart radio, it is only showing the name of the app and the icon is missing.

there are more, i just cant finish listing all the things that I dont like about ICS. After waited for so long and finally got it, it is really disappointed me big time.

Sorry for my venting. I just hope I am the problem and all the issues that I have can be fixed so that I can start like it.

Thanks.

Entrical

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Root and install CM9. I can guarantee that most, if not all, of your issues will be solved. Don't blame ICS, blame AT&T.

Fryguy128

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Or use aokp it's not ICS but at&t + Samsung's decision. Root flash and you won't regret it trust me.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Before attempting something as drastic as rooting and trying another ROM, how about just try a factory reset and see if it clears up your issues?

Reactions: j510

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The samsung keyboard always crashes and freezes on mine

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Why I say that Touchwiz Sucks because Sammy based releases are usually buggy as hell compared to aokp/cm9! Now I cannot wait for aokp/cm10 based on JB!

Cheers,
Charlie

Malgus

Banned
Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Why I say that Touchwiz Sucks because Sammy based releases are usually buggy as hell compared to aokp/cm9! Now I cannot wait for aokp/cm10 based on JB!

Cheers,
Charlie

Yeah im tempted to flash a stock jellybean rom when it comes

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah, touchwiz, is a POS. Nothing but crap. The phone is wonderful if you root and rom it. Before you do that though. Use only the advice from xda-developers, and read and read and read. Above all else read some more and be very patient. If you have an idea of what not to do, people's lack of reading and/or following directions, the process is fairly easy. The first time I did it, I followed advice from a site that wasn't xda, ended up with the dreaded yellow triangle. Xda helped me get rid of it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX