Factory Reset?

plynn7

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to ATT for some issues I am having after the ICS update, they suggest a factory reset to see if the fixes the issues. What would I lose if I do the reset?

plynn7

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I went a head and reset my phone, luckily it did not brick:). I backed everything up on a sd card the play store and it took me about ten minutes to reconfigure and reinstall my apps. So now I will see if my text notification starts working again

bellington74

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you didn't hit the bug. As I said in my other post, it seems to be hit or miss and not related to being rooted etc. In most cases where folks have successfully performed it without bricking, it seems to help with whatever issues they are seeing. My replacement shipped with ICS pre installed and I have had 0 issues with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I want to do this I am having so many problems. If my phone does indeed brick how can I recover? Also will Samsung send a replacement if it does fail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bellington74

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are under warranty they should. I would recommend you be on the phone with either Samsung or AT&T when you do this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid