Computer won't recognize my phone

cmyers35474

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy SII. I purchased the phone used from someone I know. I tried to hook my phone to my computer to put music on it, but my computer won't recognize my phone. The phone is rooted and when I look at my system info it says that I'm running "Android 4.0:Ice Cream Sandwich". I am new to androids and may just not be doing it correctly. Any help would be apprecited.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy SII. I purchased the phone used from someone I know. I tried to hook my phone to my computer to put music on it, but my computer won't recognize my phone. The phone is rooted and when I look at my system info it says that I'm running "Android 4.0:Ice Cream Sandwich". I am new to androids and may just not be doing it correctly. Any help would be apprecited.

If you're using a Windows system to access the phone, you need to install Kies first so that Windows has the drivers it needs to access the phone. You can get Kies from Samsung's web site.

wing2012

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
What version of ICS you're running, 4.0.3? Do you have the debug mode turned on? Like the #2 post said, Kies needs to be installed along with all the drivers. You should be able to find them in Samsung's website.

You said your phone is rooted. Is it still using the stock ROM? If not, Kies will not recognize your phone.

HTH.

cmyers35474

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Says I am running android version 4.0.3 ... as far as the rest, I don't know ... is there a way I can tell? I will try to download kies tonight

Sorry for being a noob, but I swapped over from the iPhone and there is definitely a learning curve, but this phone is WAAAAAYYYYYY better than my iPhones were. I'm definitely sold on Droid over those "other" people lol

Edit: if you were referring to the "USB debugging" setting, yes it is turned on... should it be?

Last edited:

cmyers35474

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Soooooo.... I downloaded kies last night and the drivers for my phone. Still wouldn't work, but I did finally figure out another way to transfer my music to my phone... it only took until after 1:30 this morning to figure it out lol. Guess I'll just do it that way for now, until I can get the money to use my upgrade to get the new galaxy s3

feelinfroggy23

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It could be your USB port also. Try another port. And you don't NEED kies. Drag and drop files.

Sent from my S2 Skyrocket running CM9 9.1.0 stable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2