Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: "Application cannot be installed in the default install location"

This also works for the Galaxy S5. Fixed my issue. Will have to install my sd card again. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAndroidGuy View Post
    Hello everyone.

I have recently been getting errors lately saying "Application cannot be installed in the default install location" when trying to update apps. I've had them before but have been able to download and update apps later but now it is not updating. I have tried downloading new apps and no luck either. I am unrooted, running stock 4.0.3, and do not have an SD card installed. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? And how to fix it?

And while updating Google Maps, I got another message saying "insufficient storage available" yet I have 9.92 GB of space available. Any clues as to what's causing that? Thanks,

Adam
    Thats exactly what happened to me

Thx M8 , I had this problem for months!!(many apps would not open without first "pls update google play services" which is then when i get the error above) even hard resetting once only to be back to here again, finally solved in mins, Thx to your fix, By the way thx also for taking the extra time to explain it step by step.

Quote Originally Posted by Amrit Grewal1 View Post
    Whenever I've tried to download an app recently it says something about the default installation location. I have no SD card and I have been able to download apps before. I haven't moved location or anything. I have a note 2 and I have used up nearly all the GB if that has any relavence. Thank you and please help!

I cleared all cache, rebooted, cleared gallery for unwanted photos and videos. Finally got rid of low storage space icon, but still get Error...cannot download in default installation location.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichole D View Post
    I cleared all cache, rebooted, cleared gallery for unwanted photos and videos. Finally got rid of low storage space icon, but still get Error...cannot download in default installation location.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichole D View Post

Sorry I can't help I have the same problem but ONLY with Google apps, all non-google apps update fine.

Thanks sooo much for this it's been months that I've been trying to update google apps I kept getting the "cannot save to default location" message - since I clicked on the "let the system decide" no problems.

Please help me I don't understand what to do

Quote Originally Posted by kennethboyd View Post
    "go to settings, go to storage,. go to preferred install location, untick SD card"

If someone could help, I apparently don't have the "preferred install location" option. I have a Note 1 and the option wasn't there with 4.0 or 4.1.2.
    I have the same problem with no option in settings to change install location. I have a Samsung s2 with 8GB of storage in my sd card but 200mb in device storage. Whenever i download an app, it says "not enough room in the default install location. Please help!

Please i need help. I am trying to install a game called trivia crack, but mt Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 won't let me because it says application can't be installed because of an default install location. Please reply as soon as possible because i really want this game.

Thanks to this Sir,it helps me a lot by doing your instruction,again thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zykeria Johnson View Post
    Thats exactly what happened to me
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123