"Application cannot be installed in the default install location"

Dr AndroidRoot

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
you can enable it by downloading BindDermManager !but i think its benn pissed off because that app is from 2009 but try it search it on google if nothing im gonna make New ok
:)

cyndi2013

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can anybody help me. I am playing candy crush sage and I used to receive message 'application cannot be installed in the default install location' when I want to update. I am using Samsung note at the moment. Anybody can help me?

Thank you.

kennethboyd

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"go to settings, go to storage,. go to preferred install location, untick SD card"

If someone could help, I apparently don't have the "preferred install location" option. I have a Note 1 and the option wasn't there with 4.0 or 4.1.2.

Peter Davie

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got this message when trying to install an app with the phone connected to my laptop via USB cable. Connecting via USB cable locks out access to the SD card, so if the app tries to install on the SD card, it won't work!! Not the cause in this case, but can be the cause in other cases.

soniam0425

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
hi Sonia and this just started happening I did what you said but I don't have preferred install location so I didn't know what to do our phones have the same screen cause I looked at the pictures so I just don't know how to fix it I was wondering if you could help.

soniam0425

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem go to settings than storage It tells you how much space you have well I just clicked applications and deleted some apps like 10 than go to play store and update it should update candy crush hope it helps

BBandroidBB

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my phone. But to decrease audio is to go where ever the audio is stored hold your finger on it then something will pop up and say delete you click that and soon enough it deletes same with pictures just hold your finger on the album you want to delte and a check mark will pop up so u can delte that ablbum and others instead of doing it by hand :D

Lisa Georgette

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've a Nextbook 7P12. Don't buy one! No room. I cannot use an external SD card, & my games won't upgrade to my internal SD. What the h... (where) is the default install location? And, why can't I re-
download my game? To get updates on some games, I have to unload a game, update other game, then reload the game I unloaded. VERY frustrating!!!

found99_dk

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
You need to solve the problem by hard resetting the phone as it rewrites all the system partition which actually solves this problem.
For samsung shut down your phone hold down volume up menu and power button simultaneously recovery mode would open then using volume up and down button select wipe data and press power button it would wipe all your data so please back up contacts and messages and only apps like whats app if required or dont backup apps at all.
You would have the problem solved
For other users press volume up and power button for recovery mode.

Alvaro Valencia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I got recently this common problem. I m using one of those Chinese PadPhones ( N9776 MTK6577 Dual Core Android 4.1 3G Smart Phone) with JellyBean 4.1.1 but the problem is simple. at least for me was: First I Unmount the 32G SD card (watch out I said "Inmount SD card" not Erase SD card). in this phone I click Setup. look for Storage click. on SD card section to Unmount SD card do click wait for process finish.
Second Update your application from Google Play.
Many original Google applications are expecting to be set up in the original Cell Phone memory. This problem happens most the times when you are moving applications to your SD card becouse you think is more better or what ever. I have no found any way to move aplication from SD card to Phone storage :D :cool:

Third mount back your SD card and do not move Google stuff to SD card