Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile ICS

How is everyone liking ICS on there stock phones by now.

I know some of you have had it for awhile. Any regrets? Problems? Do you feel it improved the phone?

Battery lire sucks and often freezes. I wish I could go back to 2.3.6

sent from my bung using tapatalk.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

Default Re: ICS

Battery life is not the best. Phone runs smooth however, but I really don't see what ICS brings that wasn't on GB, except maybe an enhanced Gmail app and a different look for recent apps
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

I didn't care for ICS. My phone kept running very hot. Once rooted it has been fine. I'm currently using Super Nexus Jellybean.

http://galaxys2root.com/att-galaxy-s...alaxy-s2-i777/

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

Default Re: ICS

I've never had any problems with it as far as battery life, I did a heavy test and did lots of Wi-Fi usage and played music at the same time with mine for about 10 hours straight and at the end of that I still had 24% left, total time on battery when I finally plugged it in to charge was 15 hours and 6 minutes, and it was still at 14%. This is with a stock battery as well. That in my books is very impressive. I've managed 21 hours straight with light Wi-Fi and 4G usage and no media streaming, it was at 18% when I plugged it in, total time 21 hours and 14 minutes.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm running JB via CM10..... Amazing.
    Do you care to root?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

I prefer shostock2. It's a fully optimized ROM based off of the official ics Samsung ROM. Very fast. I'm also using the sieyah (sp?) Kernel. OC to 1.6 still nice and smooth.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

I've found ICS to be no better than the previous OS. My car dock experience has been horrible. Smart Actions just doesn't work in regards to adding custom rules, and I've noticed that often times the phone will tell me I have no access to the internet if I've been using wifi and walk away from the signal. The previous OS switched immediately to cellular data and I found little or no delay in doing so. This OS doesn't do that.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by DriverOneAF1 View Post
    I've found ICS to be no better than the previous OS. My car dock experience has been horrible. Smart Actions just doesn't work in regards to adding custom rules, and I've noticed that often times the phone will tell me I have no access to the internet if I've been using wifi and walk away from the signal. The previous OS switched immediately to cellular data and I found little or no delay in doing so. This OS doesn't do that.
    Never had these issues using shostock2 ROM

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Touchwiz is the problem.
    Root, flash jelly Bean, and you will know how much Samsung bloats android

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.