| || |
Re: Force Kies to update to ICS
I came here looking for a solution to not being able to update my SG2 Skyrocket to ICS. So far most answers point to forcing Kies to do the update.
In a weird way, that's not working in my case. Here is a little background of what happened to me:
1. phone was running CyanogenMod9 ICS stable
2. Didn't like it after a while so looked up and found instructions on how to revert the phone to stock
3. While using the phone back in stock-mode(2.3.4 or .5), I received an OTA update and me thinking it was ICS, I let it install.
4. Come to find out it was not ICS but GB 2.3.6. Since I still wanted to run ICS but the official version, I installed the latest Kies to my computer
5. Connected the phone to the computer, Kies recognized it and it said the phone was at the most up to date version or something like that.
6. Kept trying the force software update, but it just won't happen.
7. Came to the forums and found others had issues close to mine, but not entirely the same
The last thing I tried was reflash the stock ROM so the phone would revert to the version before the OTA update. Train of thought was, maybe it won't update because it's running 2.3.6. However, that's not the case and Kies still refuses to update the phone to ICS. Yet, I've read of others who have successfully updated their phones to ICS from 2.3.6 using Kies.
I've been searching the 'net for someone who may have the official ICS update in a flashable file. Then I can use ODIN to flash ICS to the phone, but all I can find are the modded ICS ROMs which I don't want.