Recover Data From Damaged Phone????

dixieman0105

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've had my SII for about a year. This morning, I don't know what happened, but I looked at the screen and there was a small crack on it. When I pressed the unlock button, the "buttons" at the bottom light up like it's going to open, but the screen won't turn on. I couldn't get it on, so I took it to ATT to get a new phone (insurance program).

However, I would like to get my pics, etc off the old phone. I plugged it into the computer, and the computer sees it and gives me the option to open it as a hard drive. When I do that, there is NOTHING there. Not even the folders that are normally on the first page of the drive.

Does anyone have any ideas, or know of any ways I can try and recover the data from the phone's HD?

Thanks

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So the first question has to be how did the crack get there. Something triggered it and might help with a solution. Next, get dropbox so you will not have to worry about pictures.

Now to a possible solution, how about using a data recovery program? Something like spotmau.

dixieman0105

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought back over what happened. I had it in my back pocket of my scrubs, and I must have sat on it on the couch. That flexed it enough to crack the screen. Didn't mean to. Just a brain fart.

I tried the software you recommended. It only sees my local hard drive and external hard drive. It doesn't see the phone at all. It's looking like a lost cause.

I'm going to try that software one more time, and Google some other data recovery options. Thanks for the tip though piizzadude.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma