Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Anyone running Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
    I am interested in rooting and running JB but I have never rooted my phone before. Not to get off topic, but in looking at the root thread sticky, it has not been updated in a while and it starts of with an older version of Android. I'm running the stock upgraded 4.0.4 ICS. I have read a lot of articles but they all seem to be a little different than what I have and all seem to have comments about problems. In short, I'm a bit nervous. Is there a good tutorial somewhere that will step me through the entire process of rooting 4.0.4 and installing CM10 Nightly? The process just seems very confusing. Will I loose all my data and apps when I root? Will I loose them when I install the ROM? I have already backed up what apps I want to my SD card and moved all my photos and video to the SD. Just can't get comfortable enough to pull the trigger.
    You will want to back up anything you want to save when you flash a new ROM because you will have to do a factory reset during the process. Once you have root and flash a kernel with CWM, you can use CWM to do a "nandroid" backup of your phone. You can also use Titanium Backup (get the pro version for a few $) to back up your apps, SMS messages, and wireless settings. You can use the nandroid backup to go back to what you have now (just in case), and restore your SMS messages and wireless settings with TiBu. Your apps should all come back via the Play Store shortly after you boot your new ROM. Be sure to have a good wireless connection so they can download quickly.

If you want to stay with Samsung's Touchwiz, you can flash Shostock or one of the other stock-based ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by er8dred View Post
    I am looking to update to ICS, but if JB is comeing out from AT&T, then I might wait. Anyone here when AT&T will release thier JB update?
    They now have the JB update through Kies. Although I'm running JB with SHOstock3 and GoLauncher. There were minor UI esthetic issues personally, which is why I chose to run GoLauncher.

Don't see the update on Kies

I received the upgrade last week. It has many great improvements since ICS HOWEVER, my email no longer automatically comes to my phone anymore, I have to manually refresh it...no matter what mail host I am using. I am seeking this forum for answers to that. All other features are great especially Sbeaming and the totality to change your text messages...bubble, colors, etc.

I have read nothing about AT&T releasing jb, I would expect that to make the news.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

heya i wondered if anyone could help. im in the uk and on the network 3. i heard 3 customers. were getting the jelly bean update a while ago butbi havent got it. i rang 3 up today and they said because the phone wasnt bought at a 3 store i wont get the update through them! does anyone no how i can the jelly bean update? but please "make it super easy to understand as i dont realy understand alot i just know how to use one haha the models gt-i9100 thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12