Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Default Anyone running Jelly Bean?

Just wondering if anyone is running a Jelly Bean ROM, and how it is working for you. I see that the CM guys have JB nightlies out, and I'm thinking about rooting my GSII and giving it a shot.

Default Re: Anyone running Jelly Bean?

I'm running CM10 on my GS3 with no issues at all. It's great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donoghan View Post
    I'm running CM10 on my GS3 with no issues at all. It's great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    +1. Also running the latest CM10 with no issues either. Loving it.

CM10 here too. Ran many other JB ROMs also. I liked them all.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Any hiccups thus far with the ROMs? I realize that nightlies are not finely polished, but are there any major issues like crashes or app compatibility?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I've had no issues with CM10. Granted, I don't use every feature of a smartphone but all in all I am quite pleased with the CM10 nightlies.

Running AOKP JB. Very quick, stable with lots of features in ROM control. Even Battery life is great after their last update.
    NEDNERBISH and treed1134 like this.

Second, aokp is awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I was on jb but went to stock gingerbread. Imo the best.

Anyways Samsung just announced officially that the s2 will be getting jb

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Really ? Samsung updates Android 4.1 Jelly Bean roadmap | Android Central (and if you notice..the S2 other than the LTE version, isn't on that list). So where did you see/read that the S2 is getting the Jelly Bean update?

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Thanked by:
    j510 

Quote Originally Posted by annelid View Post
    Really ? Samsung updates Android 4.1 Jelly Bean roadmap | Android Central (and if you notice..the S2 other than the LTE version, isn't on that list). So where did you see/read that the S2 is getting the Jelly Bean update?
    On your link the 3rd device

Well it is almost the end of the year. Anyone heard anything more about the JB update for our phones? Has AT&T been working on it at all?

I am looking to update to ICS, but if JB is comeing out from AT&T, then I might wait. Anyone here when AT&T will release thier JB update?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I've been running Supernexus build 5 for awhile now with no issues to speak of. It's the closest thing to vanilla jelly bean that I've found. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

How does the camera app work on your JB updates? Thats the one thing my wife needs to work flawlessly...as well as vid.
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by annelid View Post
    How can you tell thats the LTE version?
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Hi all!! I want to jump from GB to JB installing a custom rom (since there isn't any official ) but I don't want to spend time testing every JB rom available, I want to do it (if possible) only once. For what I have read here most of you have used many of the JB's roms available. So, could you give me a hand and help me to decided which one to flash? I just want one with no heavy issues and stable and with the nfc fuction available...if possible.
    Right now I between this two, but any other suggestion is welcome:
    - SuperNexus
    - Task650 & Ktoonsez

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!

Running SHOstock3 on my att SGH-I777 RUNNING PERFECTLY, also have run other jelly bean roms, jelly bean is a great improvement over ice cream sandwich, can only imagine what key lime pie will offer.
    dcunited08 likes this.

AoCP CP 4.6 The Collective is a great rom, currently running SHOstock3 awesome working perfectly.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm running Task's AOKP JB rom(after phone kept restarting at random with 4.0.4) and it seems to be stable. Bluetooth works, Wifi works, no phone call problems and NFC works(easy to share items with GS3). Battery life is pretty good too(around 11-12 hours with 2 hours of screen on time).
    Last edited by TxAndroidGuy; 01-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Running SuperNexus.

Had to root and install something after the 4.0.4 update with the SoD bug. The SuperNexus rom looked attractive because of it's description as a very light vanilla JB without any mods. I was looking for stability and battery life, and that's what this rom delivers.

Have used this rom for 9 days now. Battery life is around 15 hours with close to 4 hours screen time (auto brightness) (this is an improvement of about 50% over stock 4.0.3 on my phone). The radio has better reception; calls sound much louder. The phone is stable and fast.

Ran Tasks's forever...now running Helly Bean 4.2.1 ROM based on CM 10.1

Its smooth and stable...i would def recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I am interested in rooting and running JB but I have never rooted my phone before. Not to get off topic, but in looking at the root thread sticky, it has not been updated in a while and it starts of with an older version of Android. I'm running the stock upgraded 4.0.4 ICS. I have read a lot of articles but they all seem to be a little different than what I have and all seem to have comments about problems. In short, I'm a bit nervous. Is there a good tutorial somewhere that will step me through the entire process of rooting 4.0.4 and installing CM10 Nightly? The process just seems very confusing. Will I loose all my data and apps when I root? Will I loose them when I install the ROM? I have already backed up what apps I want to my SD card and moved all my photos and video to the SD. Just can't get comfortable enough to pull the trigger.

I rooted with the Exynos exploit app, then installed mobile odin, flashed a kernel with cwm recovery then flashed the SuperNexus 2.0 rom (JB 4.2.1). That was the end of those stupid SODs. 4.0.4 was a terrible update. As much as I wanted to stay stock Sammy forced me out. Don't think I'm ever buying a Sammy phone again.

Anyway, for details on all of that check the XDA forums. Read before you root. READ.
    Last edited by afrozeke; 01-15-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast