Relative Noob trying to root on a Mac

jaseb3

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my stock, unrooted ATT SGS2 and wanting to root so I can flash CM10 (nightlies Jellybean), but I'm having a difficult time finding people who have successfully done this on a Mac. I don't have a PC that is easily accessible, but if absolutely necessary I could head to a friend's house to borrow his. I'm just pretty new to rooting etc. so I don't want to mess anything up on his computer or my phone. Has anyone had success rooting on a Mac?...and then flashing CM7, 8, 9, or 10? I'd really like to give these experimentals a try, plus I'd like to tether, but the video on YouTube and GalaxyS2Root.com didn't make much sense. Thank you!

Edit: And yes, I have been reading a ton about this both here and on the XDA forums. I've been mainly lurking here for a while trying to get some answers before I posted any new threads or comments (hence the low post count).

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Whatever you do stay away from GalaxyS2root.com - people have had problems with their phones after using the instructions there to root the S2. Stick to the XDA forums...

jaseb3

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you do stay away from GalaxyS2root.com - people have had problems with their phones after using the instructions there to root the S2. Stick to the XDA forums...

Where on XDA? I've been in there for the past week every day trying to find a solution to rooting the SGS2 on a Mac. They say to use SuperOneClick, but not all versions work on OSX 10.5.8. They say you have to install Mono for SuperOneClick to work, but Mono doesn't even have a Mac OS release. I'm confused. Thank you for the tip, though. I'll stick to XDA.

jaseb3

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
^^This is the post I've been using so far. Still run into the same issues I described earlier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699