I am about to SMASH this phone

JefferLynn#AC

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone last December and I love it!!! BUT....yesterday I went to check to see if I had any messages and for some reason it had turned itself off. When I went to turn it back on...it wont. It just keeps vibrating every couple of seconds and never actually turns on. I did a battery pull. No luck. Plugged it in incase the battery died. No luck. Plugged in without the battery it still does the vibrations and never turns on. I am seriously about to smash this phone out of frustration. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Id like to keep this phone and not go out any buy something else but if i cant fix this quick its going into the trash. HELP!!!!

JefferLynn#AC

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any type of warranty left. I guess unless Samsung themselves have one. I guess I'll have to look into that. Id much rather figure out how to fix it though.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Should have 1 year warranty from factory. Pull the battery and see if your water indicator is pink. If not, take it back to the your carrier for replacement. If it is pink, then you are probably out of luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a stuck power button if it's continually vibrating. Try gently needling out the area around the power button

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

JefferLynn#AC

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to you both so much. I am probably going to bring it back to the att store i got it from and see what they can do. if they tell me i am out of luck i do have an upgrade on one of my other family lines so i am looking at the galaxy s iii. im hoping i can just get this one replaced or fixed and use the upgrade later. again, thanks for the responses! Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. AT&T warrantied it. Not sure what happened. Completely stock device, no damage ever, no exposure to moisture. Plugged it into the factory charger to charge, and a couple hours later it was doing that .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome