1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible to root without computer?

I've had this phone since it came out. Updated from the infuse. And I have yet to root this phone which is rather upsetting.

The reason is my charging port no longer makes connection to my computer or charger. I believe one of the gold prongs are pushed back but I cannot be certain. I took it to the ATT store and they told me it must be water damage since they saw a small amount of corrosion. I assured them I have never gotten it wet and neither water indicators are on.

They told me it was, and I quote, "Probably the sweat from your legs from keeping in your pocket."

So that's my dilemma. Is there a way to root or even update my phone without he use of Kies or a computer?

If so please let me know. I am sick of this racing game sitting there taking up space.

I am upgrading to the Note 2 shortly, but I would still love it rooted for my wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Quattrimus CM9

Default Re: Is it possible to root without computer?

Quote Originally Posted by crvanallen View Post
    I've had this phone since it came out. Updated from the infuse. And I have yet to root this phone which is rather upsetting.

The reason is my charging port no longer makes connection to my computer or charger. I believe one of the gold prongs are pushed back but I cannot be certain. I took it to the ATT store and they told me it must be water damage since they saw a small amount of corrosion. I assured them I have never gotten it wet and neither water indicators are on.

They told me it was, and I quote, "Probably the sweat from your legs from keeping in your pocket."

So that's my dilemma. Is there a way to root or even update my phone without he use of Kies or a computer?

If so please let me know. I am sick of this racing game sitting there taking up space.

I am upgrading to the Note 2 shortly, but I would still love it rooted for my wife.

You unfortunately are not going to be able to root your phone without a computer...it just isn't possible. If AT&T releases an OTA update then you'll still be able to update without a computer, but if they don't, it won't be possible unless someone creates an update.zip file flashable through stock android recovery. For the record, I believe I would have slapped someone for telling me that the sweat off my leg damaged my phone!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It was a female... And people were watching. She got lucky.

I think I would call Samsung customer service and try my luck there

Z4root application