4.0.4 Update

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
ok everyone...let's hear the changes for this update. Here is a few that I notice so far:

1.) battery percentage is added to notification bar
2.) UI changes to pattern unlock
3.) crapware/stock apps cant be deleted, only disabled. (Quick Office can't be disable)

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you take screen captures now? I have tried a few times by pressing the power/lock button and volume down a few times and it doesn't seem to work.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
so...it was originally power/lock button + home button then power button + volume down and now back to power button and home.....really smart guys, really smart

Oh, i notice they added back the swipe to call/text message on the favorite contacts.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for JB :( Does this mean we are not going to get it?

I hope this upgrade works OK. Seems like everytime they upgrade my phone starts eating my battery like crazy.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for JB :( Does this mean we are not going to get it?

I hope this upgrade works OK. Seems like everytime they upgrade my phone starts eating my battery like crazy.
I'm guessing this is to prepare for JB. An update before the real update so to speak.

Nevets68

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice.
Battery life on this update is horrible...i'd say worse than ICS. When I bought this phone new...the battery life was ok. Then there was that 2nd gingerbread up date...bad. ICS..worse..and so on.
If there was a really simple (and vanilla - no pun intended) version of JB i'd try it out. I'm not into the whole skins/modding thing. I just want my phone to work properly.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Crappier battery life, bloatware you can't remove, and the browser looks different. The phone also seems to run less smooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

PC Medic

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
#nonie ... What version are you currently running? My families SGH-i777's all came with 2.3.6. on them. Kept hearing everyone talk about update notifications and we were never getting them. After using the 'alternate' method via Kies to update to 4.0.1 started getting the notifications like every one else.

Last edited:

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
PC Medic. I am running 2.3.6. Guess I will hook up to PC one day and see if it shows update for it.
But so far haven't seen to many that like ICS. Has the newest one improved anything from ICS?

latz333

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is terrible. My phone has also had some instances where it would not wake up. I had to do a battery pull three times yesterday. This morning my battery drained to nothing in about an hour as it was sitting on my desk not being used.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is terrible. My phone has also had some instances where it would not wake up. I had to do a battery pull three times yesterday. This morning my battery drained to nothing in about an hour as it was sitting on my desk not being used.

i thought that i was the only one with that problem. My phone sometime just wont wake up, and i have to hold on the power button until it restarts. Quite annoying. Also, alot of people have been telling me that they cant hear me on the receiver end during phone calls.

My battery life is a hit or miss. Sometime my battery discharge only 2-3% after 2 hours, other times it discharge about 5% every 45 min.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well. From the sounds of things, I'm better off not updating. :) I have no problems with it now. Don't want problems with it, as I enjoy using it now.

PC Medic

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Not having battery life issue per se, but I am also experiencing the issue where the phones will not wake-up. We have 3 of the SGH-i777's here in the house and updated two of them so far and both have the same problem now. Am going to hold off updating the third until I can find a solution to this.

Last update one of the phones had this issue and I came across a procedure to reset the battery stats on the phone and it corrected the problem. For the life of me can not find the post with the steps in it though. Think I had to run the phone down to the point it shut down, remove battery for 3 minutes, and then plug phone to charger BEFORE reinserting battery. Going to try that tonight on one of them to see if that was the staeps and if it fixes this. Getting anoying having to reseat battery just to get phone to wake up!!!

maxud

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I updated I get issues with phone not waking up. I have to hold power button for the phone to restart.
Kind of glad I am not the only one, but this totally sucks. Have not noticed any other big issues, except weirdness with
Blutooth pairing with my house phone. But I seem to have figured it out.
Every update there are issues, who do we report this to? ATT, Samsung or just and complain until the next
update is out?

Nevets68

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed when you press the HOME button, sometimes a "app" called SIM TOOL kit will appear. This is only happening after the 4.04 update.

shannonkish

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the SGH-I777 and there is no home "button" apart from the capacitive buttons on the bottom. The Power+Volume Down method is not working either.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Everyday I've had to do a battery pull...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs