1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S2 Bricked?

ok so i have a problem with my AT&T Galaxy s2.
    i've never rooted this phone or updated the firmware or anything crazy like that. it has the stock software on it, and some apps i downloaded from the droid marketplace, along with music from my itunes and so forth.
    last night my phone randomly froze for a second, turned it's self off, and then looked like it was about to reboot. however it never makes it past the first boot screen that has the samsung galaxy s2 logo. it gets to that point and turns off again, and then repeats. over and over and over the first boot screen comes on and off all on it's own. i tried to find a solution to the problem and some people suggested to boot the phone in recovery mode (volume rockers+power button) and do a factory reset however after doing so the problem didn't stop.. now when i put it in recovery mode it just says "deleting cryption data media or something crazy. i've never had a problem with the phone or downloaded anything sketchy. the only thing i can recall is the last few weeks maybe 3 or 4 times tops the phone had no service randomly. like the circle with a line through it shows up, the phone freezes and i have to take the battery out and put it back in. after this plus a reboot the phone has almost no battery life in it.. i thought it was an odd occurrence, but nothing to freak out about. i called samsung and my phone is out of warranty, and they jumped to the conclusion that it's a virus and i need to buy their tech support plan in order to fix it. if there's another way.. pleaseeee point me in the right direction!!

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Bricked?

Pull the battery for a little while and boot it without the SD chip in it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X