jelly bean battery question

neto333

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i hear that jelly bean drains faster yuor battery life, i?m trying to search about this, because I'm want to upgrade my galaxy s2 to jellybean, but a lot of people say that is terrible, im now in gingerbread, and some people say that is better than gingerbread, some people say that is better icream sandwich, so i don?t know what is better, so i decide to post here my question and hope that some of you can give me your opinions about jelly bean, if is good, bad, should i upgrade my phone to gingerbread to jelly bean or what?
i already search a lot about the battery life of jellybean, but i can?t find a satisfactory answer, i know that soe of you are going to say that is just a matter of what i need, but im asking about your opinions.
thank you very much, i hope your answers.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the CM10 Jelly Bean ROM. With a new, OEM replacement battery, the phone lasts every bit as long as it did on Gingerbread (The first version, not 2.3.6, which drained my battery like crazy).

paperchaserPC

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the rom thatbwas suggested. And to tell the truth icecream sandwich is a good option due to better app management system. That will allow you to make the battery last longer. I have the T-Mobile GS2 and a tab2 7.0 and ice cream sandwich allows better app management gives the user better control over the device. I would go for ics update over any right now till all the bugs are worked out on the jelly bean update. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the SuperNexus rom (JB 4.1.2) for a couple of weeks now and have had to make myself stop trying to micromanage running apps. I'm coming off of ICS 4.0.3 and have found that JB does an excellent job of managing running processes all by itself. My battery life has never been better without any intervention from me. In fact, all I do to leave an app is hit the home button, where in ICS I used to make sure the app process actually stopped (either via back-to-quit, in-app quit, or process kill through app monitor).

Nevets68

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Peacen1k - Question - how did you go about upgrading to the supernexus rom? I'm totally clueless when it comes to jailbreaking,etc.

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Peacen1k - Question - how did you go about upgrading to the supernexus rom? I'm totally clueless when it comes to jailbreaking,etc.

This thread on xda has all the information you will need.

Basically, here are the steps (for i777):
1. use an exynos exploit app to root (that's correct, you download an apk, install it, and run to root your phone);
2. use mobile odin to install new kernel with a cwm;
3. from recovery do a factory reset and a backup;
4. reboot back to recovery and install a rom and google apps from 2 separate zip files that you stored on your sd card.

All of this stuff is either linked from the thread above or from the thread with the rom that you decide to use. Rom threads are here.

latz333

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the SuperNexus rom (JB 4.1.2) for a couple of weeks now and have had to make myself stop trying to micromanage running apps. I'm coming off of ICS 4.0.3 and have found that JB does an excellent job of managing running processes all by itself. My battery life has never been better without any intervention from me. In fact, all I do to leave an app is hit the home button, where in ICS I used to make sure the app process actually stopped (either via back-to-quit, in-app quit, or process kill through app monitor).

Agree 100% with what you wrote. Only difference is I flashed SuperNexus 4.1.1 and cannot believe the difference in the way it manages running processes. My battery life is great and I am not having to close apps any longer. Also...no black screen of death!

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100% with what you wrote. Only difference is I flashed SuperNexus 4.1.1 and cannot believe the difference in the way it manages running processes. My battery life is great and I am not having to close apps any longer. Also...no black screen of death!

I second the sentiment of latz333 and Peacen1k. I flashed SuperNexus 4.1.2 a month ago, and have experienced better battery life on my SGH-i777 than ever. I've had the phone for a year and a half - stock Gingerbread was okay, early stock ICS was fine, but for stability, responsiveness and battery life, nothing has come close to SuperNexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma