Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wow this bites

Hello everyone. I seem to be having a fairly unique issue.
    I was running CM 10.1 nightlies on my i777 for a couple weeks, updating to every new nightly as they came. Everything was fine until I got to the 01/21/2013 nightly.
    I first noticed an issue when the update function ran without end, never actually downloading anything. It seems the sd card isn't recognized. CWM always fails when I try to install a zip. ROM manager says I need an sd card to use it. Even ODIN fails when I try to unroot the phone. I don't know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Wow this bites

It's a known bug of the 1/21 nightly. Do you have a nanroid backup? If so, I would just flash that.

Or you can go back to a previous version (unless you deleted it, the zip should be in the cmupdater directory on the internal SD card).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Haha. The name tickles.
    I don't have that backup. The odd thing is that the prior version never showed up on the menu. It's like that particular nightly screwed up my whole file system. Without access to the sd card through the phone, I'm at the edge of my knowledge of what to do. I can take it out and put zip files on it, but none of the programs through the phone can interact with it. And CWM, the only thing that even acknowledges my sd card, keeps failing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oh, and it doesn't seem to recognize the internal storage either?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Should I consider it bricked? It fires up and runs. I can make calls. Gps. Text. I just don't know how to get it fully functional

Haha thanks.

No, I don't think. AFAIK, most, if not all, the people who have experienced this were able to go back to a working nightly. The ODIN issue is unrelated. The only time when you shouldn't be able to use it is when you have a true hard brick. (Hardware related)

When you boot into recovery/CWM, select Install Zip from sdcard, and choose zip from internal sdcard, what does it say?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Oh. Awesome. I hadn't thought of that. Went hunting through the internal sd card on CWM and found the prior update. Everything is working now. I'm skipping to the most recent nightly. Thank you so much! Can't wait for a stable build of cm 10.1!