Wow this bites
Hello everyone. I seem to be having a fairly unique issue.
I was running CM 10.1 nightlies on my i777 for a couple weeks, updating to every new nightly as they came. Everything was fine until I got to the 01/21/2013 nightly.
I first noticed an issue when the update function ran without end, never actually downloading anything. It seems the sd card isn't recognized. CWM always fails when I try to install a zip. ROM manager says I need an sd card to use it. Even ODIN fails when I try to unroot the phone. I don't know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!
- 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM #2
Re: Wow this bites
Haha. The name tickles.
I don't have that backup. The odd thing is that the prior version never showed up on the menu. It's like that particular nightly screwed up my whole file system. Without access to the sd card through the phone, I'm at the edge of my knowledge of what to do. I can take it out and put zip files on it, but none of the programs through the phone can interact with it. And CWM, the only thing that even acknowledges my sd card, keeps failing.
- 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM #6
- 64 Posts
Re: Wow this bites
No, I don't think. AFAIK, most, if not all, the people who have experienced this were able to go back to a working nightly. The ODIN issue is unrelated. The only time when you shouldn't be able to use it is when you have a true hard brick. (Hardware related)
When you boot into recovery/CWM, select Install Zip from sdcard, and choose zip from internal sdcard, what does it say?
- By showson1 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 23Last Post: 12-18-2011, 12:05 PM
- By tony bag o donuts in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 6Last Post: 12-12-2011, 12:34 AM
- By sushiglobster in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 47Last Post: 10-09-2011, 03:31 PM
- By Pipester in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 9Last Post: 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
- By bipoler#AC in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 33Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM