Freezes when there are new updates

mandison

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got my replacement Galaxy 2 (original was replaced because it stopped charging), whenever I have new updates, my sound (namely notifications, texts) stops working. I have to restart my phone, and then all of a sudden I'll have applications that start updating. After paying attention, I have noticed that my sound stops EVERY single time I have updates.

Within the last few days, my phone completely freezes when I have updates. It's a black screen, power button does nothing, and I have to pull the battery and put it back in in order to boot my phone up again.

I have been having this problem periodically, and chalked it up to it just being a bug and something that I just have to deal with. Now that it is happening with every update that needs to be done, I am all around frustrated and pissed. I am now being forced to pull my battery multiple times a day which is beyond obnoxious.

I'm curious if there are any fixes to this problem. I have done multiple factory resets since having this phone in my posession which hasn't fixed any problems.

I'm undecided if I should try to get a replacement under the manufacturer's warranty, or if I suck it up until May when I can upgrade. I love my S2, but I've never had so many problems with a single phone.. I was an iPhone user before my SII, and never had to get replacement phones.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888