Best Root Option

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey fellas, I looked around and read the thread stickied at the top of forums but it seems to be outdated a bit. I have a Galaxy S2 I-777 that is stock running the ICS, 4.0.1 I think? The version previous to AT&Ts last 4.04 that killed so many phones for people. I read the thread and everyone keeps stating root and ROM it, so what is the best way to do it? I haven't found an all in one kit like some other versions I've seen before.
This will be my first attempt to root and ROM an android phone, and if I missed a thread I apologize. Thanks for your help

Lawrence of a Labia

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to root:

1. Make sure "Unknown Sources" under Settings>Security is checked
2. Download Framaroot onto phone, install, and run.
3. Select Sam (Try the other choices if it doesn't work)
4. Reboot and profit

*i777 isn't on the compatibility list, but since the internals are 95% the same as the International GS II (i9100), the program will work

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
OK cool. I'll look at that. On different note, I searched some during the day and found galaxys2root.com. Anyone used any of the methods on there? I'm leaning towards that since it seems pretty informative and through.

luis delgado

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I used exynos abuse 1.40. it takes only seconds to root using this apk. ICS 4.0.4 with its SOD's was really driving me nuts.Now I have supernexus build 3 on my phone.
there are some tutorials on youtube about installing this aplication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22