Samsung galaxy s2 not working.

Heather21811

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday and today my phone has been rebooting itself almost every 30 minutes.And now my power button is not working, so the only way I can turn it on is if someone calls or by taking the battery out and putting it back it or hooking it up to the computer. How can I fix this or do I need to try to get a new phone?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Heather,

Welcome to Android Central. In order to try to help the best I can, I need to know a little bit more about this phone.
Has it been recently exposed to water?
Have you dropped it or otherwise exposed it to a severe impact?
Is it completely stock or have you put a ROM on it?
How long have you had this phone, and do you have any insurance on it?

Sometimes a phone can have been damaged on the inside and show no physical flaws. This can be particularly true if it has ever been water damaged, thrown, or dropped.

T2Short

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That is really weird because the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. My phone started turning on and off and now the power button isn't working. I read this has happened to a lot of people after an update was done to their phone...this sucks!! With as many people who have reported this problem you would think they would try to do something about it.

Jaxonvil

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine started doing the same thing this morning! What is going on? Haven't dropped it, gotten it wet ... nothing! It was fine last night, but fried this morning!!!! Have y'all found out anything yet???

Wallum Bruce

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, i dropped my phone and the battery and back piece fell off. It fell into my shower, which meant it got wet. I dried it out so the phone works, however I am unable to sleep the phone with my power button, and my power button has no effect whatsoever. The phone will also randomly go into driving mode, then off, and on, and off. Please help me

slbnpinto

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
yesterday in the morning wen i turn on wifi on my device he made software update and after that didnt work well anymore , when i push de midle button it takes several minutes to see something and after that it takes a while to unblock it , the menus are diferent now but the phone is working very badly

Marlo May

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
so yesterday i dropped my phone in the kitchen and the floor is tiles and i thought it dropped pretty hard but there were no cracks on the screen so i thought it was good. the battery did fall out too though. later that night i tried turning on my phone and the power button actually got stuck. i cant press it at all. and i just wanna know if there is a way i can fix this at home because my warranty expired in april

royallqq

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
yeah,the menus are diferent now but the phone is working very badly ,thanks
6.gif

Kenyon Barker

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, when ever i try logging into my samsung account to update some apps ect all im getting is a message every time i put my password in, it reads "to protect your account, you need to confirm password periodically, confirm your password to continue using samsung services" i have put my password in and even changed it several times, can you please help.

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Try underclocking it. That's what I had to do after mine started crashing with weird things on the screen and sounds coming out of the speakers.

Jesse Duenas

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally found a solution to the power button not working.... For 2 months straight I have been using the app "Gravity Screen", until I figured, why don't I just open it and see whats wrong... any how I proceeded to open the back cover to expose the circuit board, there where a couple copper contact srings pushed down... so all i did was lift them up.. and guess what??? My power button started working like new again!!!I attached a pic of what these little copper things are.. hope this work for all good luck 1000x1000.jpg

Jesse Duenas

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally found a solution to the power button not working.... For 2 months straight I have been using the app "Gravity Screen", until I figured, why don't I just open it and see whats wrong... any how I proceeded to open the back cover to expose the circuit board, there where a couple copper contact srings pushed down... so all i did was lift them up.. and guess what??? My power button started working like new again!!!I attached a pic of what these little copper things are.. hope this work for all good luck 1000x1000.jpg

88robert88

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
I am having trouble with my samsung galaxy s2.
It was working ok and since today, it turns on and then all pauses and doesnt do anything and then restarts, and its doing it all the time and i cant do nothing on the phone.
It has happened afew weeks ago and was ok again but its not working again now.
Can anyone help please?
Thankyou.

ghoshamit

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Recently i just tried to update my Korean Samsung S2.....but after completing update properly it doesnt turn on .....having some problems with power button , i guess.. Is there anyone who help me to get out of this problem?