- 09-25-2013, 12:04 AM #2
- 1,506 Posts
- MSG and Chubbz v5.0.2
Re: What is APN
APN stands for "Access Point Names". From what I understand, they are what allow advanced data features on your device. Its number one ability allows users to use mms, instead of just sms. In normal operation you would never need to change them. But if you flash over to a different carrier, or a new ROM you would need to enter the correct settings for your carrier.
Now i may be wrong as I don't fiddle with my apns at all. That's just what I learned from seeing others do it
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2CURRENT RIG || MSI Neo v-2 MB || Pentium 4 Prescott 3.5Ghz || 2GB Dual Channel DDR1 Ram || Dell 80GB 7200 rpm HDD || BFG Nvidia 6200 256MB || Creative SBLive! Sound Card || Crappy Dell CRT Monitor
Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.
Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18
- By paradroid in forum Rumored DevicesReplies: 33Last Post: 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM
- By mhunter6378 in forum AT&T LG G2Replies: 8Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM
- By larrygeary in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2013, 07:37 PM
- By pingb in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 10Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:21 PM
- By gone down south in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM