1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SII stuck in loop

it's me again. My phone has a different problem now. The original resetting problem my phone had resolved itself later on in the day that I posted a thread about it. Well earlier today it started doing it again so I backed up all my files onto my PC and was going to factory reset it. Well, here's the problem, it will either A. reset itself while in the process of performing the data reset, or B. give me a force close error after attempting it. My phone is essentially a paperweight now. It'll let me receive messages, but it wont let me reply to them. Does anyone know what the ^&% is going on with it and if I can fix it?

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: SII stuck in loop

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Marlar View Post
    it's me again. My phone has a different problem now. The original resetting problem my phone had resolved itself later on in the day that I posted a thread about it. Well earlier today it started doing it again so I backed up all my files onto my PC and was going to factory reset it. Well, here's the problem, it will either A. reset itself while in the process of performing the data reset, or B. give me a force close error after attempting it. My phone is essentially a paperweight now. It'll let me receive messages, but it wont let me reply to them. Does anyone know what the ^&% is going on with it and if I can fix it?
    I can't remember if I posted this for you, but try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. You can also factory reset in recovery as well. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

For some reason it's not wanting to boot into recovery mode. I held power and volume up until the samsung logo appeared and then released them. Did I understand the directions clearly?

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Marlar View Post
    For some reason it's not wanting to boot into recovery mode. I held power and volume up until the samsung logo appeared and then released them. Did I understand the directions clearly?
    Yes you did everything right. Reflashing the stock ROM may be an option.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here