Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Exclamation Where to email attachments download to?

I've been trying to remotely help a user who is having problems downloading attachments using the default mail app.

He taps the attachment, and it tries to open it in Gallery or Astro file manager and either way he cannot open it, nor can he find it again by searching through Astro. I even had him check the default Downloads folder and it wasn't there either.

Problem is I have a Galaxy s4, and he is remote, so I can't see his screen to even begin to try to see what he's seeing. How do you get the default mail app to download attachments in a specific location? I've searched this forum and several Google searches to no effect.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Where to email attachments download to?

If there is an option to do so it would located in the Settings of the stock email app. Otherwise is normally defaults to the Downloads folder
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Default Re: Where to email attachments download to?

Given the level of the person I am trying to help, he would not have changed the default setting, nor can he find that section in the stock email app. Will have to have him try again, where in settings is this?

Screenshots would be helpful to provide to him.