Voicemail notification won't go away

Lin171

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a voicemail notification saying I have 2 new voicemails that won't go away. I have my google voice account set as my voicemail on my phone. When I click on the notification, it just calls my google voice number. I found an old thread on this forum that said to go to your voicemail and press * then listen through all the options and it would remove the notification but it didn't. I found an article saying to long press on the notification and do something from there, but nothing happened when I long pressed. Well, nothing popped up and when I finally removed my finger it called my GV number as if I had just tapped the notification. I'm not sure how long this has been going on but its starting to get on my nerves. The phone is relatively new to me, my dad sent it to me when I started having problems with my galaxy exhilirate (too many drops probably on that one...) so I've had it for about 2 months now. I hope you guys know how I can get rid of this, thanks!!

4x4r8d

May 6, 2010
Visit site
To clear the voice mail notification when it will not disappear despite hitting the clear notification button, Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My husband has this problem on his s2, I looked in applications, all I saw was phoneutil, is this what your talking about? Does clicking on clear data delete phone contacts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mike Knudtsen

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
While the clearing the phone app data works, whenever the phone resets or airplane mode turned off/on, the notification re-appears... Any thoughts on a permanent solution?

mary curtis 21

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for your advice. It worked. I had a voicemail notification for 2 days that I couldn't get rid of no matter how many times I went to voicemail. If it happens again, I will now know what to do. Again, thanks!

momofthreekids

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
After Marshmallow this fix no longer seems to work. any one figured out a new fix? I'm on a LG G3

Go to: Settings
Sounds and Notifications
Apps
Three dots at top hit Show System
Go to Call Services
Hit the little info box next to call service (its an i circled)
Then hit storage then clear data
It should then go away. Just did it myself and it took me an hr to figure out. This is after the marshmallow update.

Dustin Sim

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Go to: Settings
Sounds and Notifications
Apps
Three dots at top hit Show System
Go to Call Services
Hit the little info box next to call service (its an i circled)
Then hit storage then clear data
It should then go away. Just did it myself and it took me an hr to figure out. This is after the marshmallow update.

Thanks this worked for me.

daffybso

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much. My daughter was stuck with that notification for over a month. It was the Marshmallow update that was confusing me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance