Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question 8hr after factory reset, all user files are back? from where?

I factory reset my wife's Galaxy S2 using the hardware keys, and cleared the cache, and rebooted. The phone was empty, but I copied her personal files to my computer before the reset.

I logged her back into Google, re-installed a bunch of apps, then plugged it in and went to bed. Her music and photos were NOT put back by me at this point.

In the morning, all her old files were back -- music, downloads, temp, iSyncr, etc -- even though she no longer uses or installs iSyncr, for example.

Where did the files comes back from? Did Google backup really restore all these files, including gigabytes of music files in a private app directory (iSyncr)? I've never seen it do this on my Galaxy S4 and I've factory reset it multiple times. Kies was NOT used.

Global Posts
    30,506 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: 8hr after factory reset, all user files are back? from where?

Perhaps iSyncer has a restore from their servers?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 8hr after factory reset, all user files are back? from where?

Interesting idea, but I noted she no longer uses iSyncr; it is not even installed. (Actually, it just syncs music files with iTunes on another computer and there is no app server/login/etc.) But the syncr folder and all the music was back 8 hours later....