- 3 Posts
8hr after factory reset, all user files are back? from where?
I factory reset my wife's Galaxy S2 using the hardware keys, and cleared the cache, and rebooted. The phone was empty, but I copied her personal files to my computer before the reset.
I logged her back into Google, re-installed a bunch of apps, then plugged it in and went to bed. Her music and photos were NOT put back by me at this point.
In the morning, all her old files were back -- music, downloads, temp, iSyncr, etc -- even though she no longer uses or installs iSyncr, for example.
Where did the files comes back from? Did Google backup really restore all these files, including gigabytes of music files in a private app directory (iSyncr)? I've never seen it do this on my Galaxy S4 and I've factory reset it multiple times. Kies was NOT used.
- 03-18-2014, 11:07 AM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: 8hr after factory reset, all user files are back? from where?
Interesting idea, but I noted she no longer uses iSyncr; it is not even installed. (Actually, it just syncs music files with iTunes on another computer and there is no app server/login/etc.) But the syncr folder and all the music was back 8 hours later....
- By cybersa in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2014, 01:52 PM
- By o2bnclemson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2014, 06:10 PM
- By OG_Swifty in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 03-18-2014, 02:19 PM
- By Rajesh Gambani in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
- By ladypsalm in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2014, 08:49 AM