NV_DATA.BIN and BAK Files Missing - Thus no service what-so-ever

phoenixgreywolf

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so yesterday morning at 3 am EST, I had a working Galaxy S2 Skyrocket with FULL data coverage under straight talk's network. Yes, this phone IS NET UNLOCKED! So before we get confused, this is not a NET LOCK issue. I am missing the NV_DATA and BAK files, and now have no service. I've tried installing 5 different ROMS using both TWRP and CWM (Both standard and Touch) to no avail.

Is there or is there not a fix to this???? I can't afford to lose my phone, as its my business cell. Anyone who can figure this out will be my absolute hero, and will be rewarded with 100 cheeseburgers.... well ok maybe not that far, but you'll definitely be my hero... Sorry for the dry humor, been workin on this for 24 hours straight.:-X

phoenixgreywolf

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a fix for this? I've tried an EFS fix, and that did nothing. I've tried wiping to factory, installing Cyanogenmod 10.2, Dirty Unicorns, etc to no avail. I really need help with this guys, this is my only work phone and nothing I do works, but yet just a little while ago i had service for all but 15 minutes to send 2 texts, then died again... Is there something I'm missing? I'm no stranger to root or to TWRP/CWM Recoveries, or flashing new ROMS. Any help here would be greatly appreciated...

pthreee

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same problem myself. Sometimes after a restart i can make calls but soon after it gives me the "not registered on network" dialog box. Been searching for a solution but they all require a backup of the efs file or the nv_data.bin file which is gone from my efs folder. I thought I could hex edit it and make it generate a generic imei thinking mine was blocked somehow(not sure I should be even talking about this here) but I can't do anything without it. Looking through my phone today I found the nv_data.bin on the internal sdcard (strange) but it's no use, it has 0 bytes.

phoenixgreywolf

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Exactly!! This is the exact problem I'm having as well. I went so far as to order a new SIM card tray, and got it installed with no problem, but to no avail. I am still stuck without service. I really need to get this fixed, so I'm gonna take this thread and go over to XDA since none of y'all supposed programmers on here haven't enough brains to know how to type a response even with just a link to the fix to this problem.

pthreee

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Today I put my phone into GSM only mode. It seems to be working so far. When I'll need more than Edge internet i'll just switch back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle