Case or Commando

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The GS3 OB Commuter and Defender cases will be available soon. No commando for me. Too many phones with dings in them.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Seidio does not even have a case coming soon. Is anyone even entertaining the thought of Ghost Armor?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I will go with a slim case that covers the edges and around it. No more otterboxes for me. I take care of my phones, I have always ended up not using the otterboxes. They always seem to be bulky unless ofcourse they are for an iphone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You lead a charmed life. The screen drop test and the micro dings in my other phones as well as the cost/hassle of replacement of the screen were enough to convince me.

Jmorej?n

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Commando or a slim case like nkd said. I'm ocd about my mobiles so I take freaky good care of them. I've tried an otterbox case and it was just too huge. Maybe if I had tardis pockets or something it wouldn't be a problem, but until then it's a no for an otterbox.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Will probably get the otterbox commuter. But at the very least I usually run with a TPU case on. Picked up a clear one off ebay to show off the blue for now.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Had a clear case on another phone. Did not care for it. Have dropped enough to learn that a sturdy well-built case is better at protecting my investment.

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Had a clear case on another phone. Did not care for it. Have dropped enough to learn that a sturdy well-built case is better at protecting my investment.

lol, do you work for otterbox or something?

From a pure design aspect, the otterbox on the GS3 is pretty bad looking and seems to add a decent amount of bulk to an already big phone. Something about the way it covers the front face a bit bothers me too.

My current GS2 is caseless, but it has the dings to prove it on the front bezel. So, for that reason I will be getting a case on my GS3. But, I don't think I will end up with an otterbox. I'd rather not pull a brick out of my pocket every time I want to check a text.

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
So far I only plan on putting on a bodyguardz type film. The phone is already huge and a case would put it over the top. If there was an extremely ( I mean EXTREMELY) slim case solution, I'd consider it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Seidio does not even have a case coming soon. Is anyone even entertaining the thought of Ghost Armor?
They have them in development. Active and surface. I ordered a cimo TPU case from Amazon to use until they are ready.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2