Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case or Commando

The GS3 OB Commuter and Defender cases will be available soon. No commando for me. Too many phones with dings in them.

Default Re: Case or Commando

waiting to c what kind of case they release

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Otterbox all the way!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    naviwilliams likes this.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I tend to drop things so case please!

Have to have a case but I bet this phone will end up being hugh in an Otterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    The GS3 OB Commuter and Defender cases will be available soon. No commando for me. Too many phones with dings in them.
    If you watch that drop test vid, sure to go case. OB or seidio Active

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

the otterbox aren't bad looking either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Case or Commando-otterbox_commuter.jpg   Case or Commando-otterbox_defender.jpg  

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Commando? What are we, heathens? Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Seidio does not even have a case coming soon. Is anyone even entertaining the thought of Ghost Armor?
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

I will go with a slim case that covers the edges and around it. No more otterboxes for me. I take care of my phones, I have always ended up not using the otterboxes. They always seem to be bulky unless ofcourse they are for an iphone.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

You lead a charmed life. The screen drop test and the micro dings in my other phones as well as the cost/hassle of replacement of the screen were enough to convince me.

Commando or a slim case like nkd said. I'm ocd about my mobiles so I take freaky good care of them. I've tried an otterbox case and it was just too huge. Maybe if I had tardis pockets or something it wouldn't be a problem, but until then it's a no for an otterbox.

Will probably get the otterbox commuter. But at the very least I usually run with a TPU case on. Picked up a clear one off ebay to show off the blue for now.
    Welcome to the Sprint Dial up Network!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Had a clear case on another phone. Did not care for it. Have dropped enough to learn that a sturdy well-built case is better at protecting my investment.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

commando for sure. cant wait to sell this stupid iPhone

Had a clear case on another phone. Did not care for it. Have dropped enough to learn that a sturdy well-built case is better at protecting my investment.
    lol, do you work for otterbox or something?

From a pure design aspect, the otterbox on the GS3 is pretty bad looking and seems to add a decent amount of bulk to an already big phone. Something about the way it covers the front face a bit bothers me too.

My current GS2 is caseless, but it has the dings to prove it on the front bezel. So, for that reason I will be getting a case on my GS3. But, I don't think I will end up with an otterbox. I'd rather not pull a brick out of my pocket every time I want to check a text.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 (Stock)

So far I only plan on putting on a bodyguardz type film. The phone is already huge and a case would put it over the top. If there was an extremely ( I mean EXTREMELY) slim case solution, I'd consider it.

Seidio does not even have a case coming soon. Is anyone even entertaining the thought of Ghost Armor?
    They have them in development. Active and surface. I ordered a cimo TPU case from Amazon to use until they are ready.
    Last edited by planoman; 06-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

OB Defender and Commuter available on Amazon June 25th.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

OB Commuter, something cheap til that's available.
    Afraid to go Commando!!!!!

My (soon to be) GS3 will most likely be commando, maybe with a screen protector (like Invishield). My iPhone 4 survived nearly 2 years being commando, then again, I also got it warranty replaced like 3 times.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Skinomi skin, no screen protector. Adds no bulk and is grippy. Screen protector not needed for me with Gorilla. Haven't used one in two years. Never had a scratch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Skin-to-skin baby!

No cases for me.

-Suntan

I bought a clear TPU for cheap on amazon and it fits well but the side buttons are hard to press. Fosmon clear X case I believe.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast