Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

Default Re: case

...you know what they say, "Black is best"

Quote Originally Posted by acsef View Post
    What color did you get? I can't decide between the black and the white.
    acsef likes this.

I have never been a fan of the style of the moment. I like the classics and black is a traditional classic color for a case and holster.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Yes. I think you just decided for me. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ddiehl View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with the generic cases on Ebay? I found this one, and kinda dig the kickstand..BLACK IMPACT HARD CASE COVER KICKSTAND SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 3 S3 ACCESSORY | eBay

Got one in yesterday from eBay....protects well but adds bulk...but I feel like I could throw this thing against a wall

Quote Originally Posted by n.o. droid View Post
    Got one in yesterday from eBay....protects well but adds bulk...but I feel like I could throw this thing against a wall
    Was it the same one I linked to? How did the buttons function? Any issues with GPS?

Thanks..

ROM
    CM10

Does anyone have the Seidio Active (or the Active with a kickstand)? If so, how is it? How much bulk does it add? Are all the buttons easy to press?

Is it easier to push the power button on your new Commuter? Does it add that much bulk?

I can't decide which case I want.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

Still waiting for 'replacement' Otterbox Commuter to be delivered. But, to be honest, with the use of the home button, I hardly ever use the power button now...

Quote Originally Posted by acsef View Post
    Does anyone have the Seidio Active (or the Active with a kickstand)? If so, how is it? How much bulk does it add? Are all the buttons easy to press?

Is it easier to push the power button on your new Commuter? Does it add that much bulk?

I can't decide which case I want.

ghost armor is great stuff!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

But is it really worth it on an S III? Or did you just put it on your screen and not the back?

Quote Originally Posted by WillSucceed View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WillSucceed View Post
    I thought about GA but there are not outlets to get applied to the device in my city and if it is not done correctly, it will peel up and need to be done again. It is not cheap if I remember correctly. I am hoping that my Defender shows up in the near future.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I thought about GA but there are not outlets to get applied to the device in my city and if it is not done correctly, it will peel up and need to be done again. It is not cheap if I remember correctly. I am hoping that my Defender shows up in the near future.
    GA is easy to apply. All you need is a quiet, clean area and a little patience. A drink doesn't hurt either. Totally worth the money. I had the Matte finish on my GS2 and it looked/felt great.
    Thanked by:
    jcp007 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

Just a side note. When using the Otterbox Commuter, I've noticed that if I have to move icons from one home page to another, it can be hard because it seems as if the edge of the case gets in the way.

Same thing for if I want to copy text in an app, and thus need to get ALL of the word near the edge of the screen. Annoying at times really. Then again, I guess I could use landscape, but why?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

I think I'm going to get a Speck Case, I like these...

Body glove

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails case-uploadfromtaptalk1341646057160.jpg  

I ordered this one:
    Amazon.com: Fosmon PC + TPU Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I had the same case for my One X and I loved it so I decided to get another one for the GS3. It has some grip on the sides which is great. It looks like a bumper but the back is also completely covered (except for the camera, flash and speaker). It doesn't cost much but it's not cheaply made.

Are you on the imore forums also? I have the candy shell but don't like how it adds bulk.

I emailed Otterbox about the issue with the Commuter; being hard to press the power button.

A moment ago I received an email from them, they are sending me a new Commuter. So, I wonder if the 'rubber gel' on my current one is just too hard\faulty. They shipped a replacement, without even digging into it further. I wonder if they were already aware of the issue. Interesting...
    Same issue with mine. Do you have to ship your old case back? And if so, do they cover shipping cost?

Thanks
    Follow me @ItzAstonish

If you finesse the lockscreen and volume rockers until you hear a very slight click, then you just have to find the sweet spot. You will still have to press deliberately but with not as much pressure. Accidental presses are not an issue with this case.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

...no. They sent me a whole new one. I haven't even opened the packaging yet. I simply don't use the power button

Quote Originally Posted by iastonish View Post
    Same issue with mine. Do you have to ship your old case back? And if so, do they cover shipping cost?

Thanks

...no. They sent me a whole new one. I haven't even opened the packaging yet. I simply don't use the power button
    Are you still getting the Defender? I have seen posts of those who have shipping dates and Amazon is showing availability.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,779 Global Posts

I will at some stage. I'm in no hurry now, rather happy with the Commuter, albeit, I might still get a Speck.

I've been really lazy for some reason to march my **** to AT&T. Not sure why exactly; weird...

Are you still getting the Defender? I have seen posts of those who have shipping dates and Amazon is showing availability.

I will at some stage. I'm in no hurry now, rather happy with the Commuter, albeit, I might still get a Speck.

I've been really lazy for some reason to march my **** to AT&T. Not sure why exactly; weird...

I don't think AT&T will be offering OB cases for the GS3. I have only seen the Defender on Amazon with some sellers claiming to have it in stock despite the OB site retaining the Coming Soon status.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I don't think AT&T will be offering OB cases for the GS3. I have only seen the Defender on Amazon with some sellers claiming to have it in stock despite the OB site retaining the Coming Soon status.
    ATT will have it. If you looked at the guys on ebay selling it they had ATT packaging. So that tells me we will see it. Also its in the ATT system. I saw it when they looked it up for me at my local ATT corp store. SO I would expect it. Just don't know when.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    ATT will have it. If you looked at the guys on ebay selling it they had ATT packaging. So that tells me we will see it. Also its in the ATT system. I saw it when they looked it up for me at my local ATT corp store. SO I would expect it. Just don't know when.
    You must have a close contact in the store. The Defender will probably be cheaper on Amazon even with shipping. However, given the delay issues that I have had getting the one that I ordered on Amazon, I may get the one in the store and cancel my order.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast