jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
ghost armor is great stuff!

I thought about GA but there are not outlets to get applied to the device in my city and if it is not done correctly, it will peel up and need to be done again. It is not cheap if I remember correctly. I am hoping that my Defender shows up in the near future.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought about GA but there are not outlets to get applied to the device in my city and if it is not done correctly, it will peel up and need to be done again. It is not cheap if I remember correctly. I am hoping that my Defender shows up in the near future.
GA is easy to apply. All you need is a quiet, clean area and a little patience. A drink doesn't hurt either. Totally worth the money. I had the Matte finish on my GS2 and it looked/felt great.

Reactions: jcp007

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a side note. When using the Otterbox Commuter, I've noticed that if I have to move icons from one home page to another, it can be hard because it seems as if the edge of the case gets in the way.

Same thing for if I want to copy text in an app, and thus need to get ALL of the word near the edge of the screen. Annoying at times really. Then again, I guess I could use landscape, but why?

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Otterbox about the issue with the Commuter; being hard to press the power button.

A moment ago I received an email from them, they are sending me a new Commuter. So, I wonder if the 'rubber gel' on my current one is just too hard\faulty. They shipped a replacement, without even digging into it further. I wonder if they were already aware of the issue. Interesting...

Same issue with mine. Do you have to ship your old case back? And if so, do they cover shipping cost?

Thanks

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you finesse the lockscreen and volume rockers until you hear a very slight click, then you just have to find the sweet spot. You will still have to press deliberately but with not as much pressure. Accidental presses are not an issue with this case.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I will at some stage. I'm in no hurry now, rather happy with the Commuter, albeit, I might still get a Speck.

I've been really lazy for some reason to march my butt to AT&T. Not sure why exactly; weird...

Are you still getting the Defender? I have seen posts of those who have shipping dates and Amazon is showing availability.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I will at some stage. I'm in no hurry now, rather happy with the Commuter, albeit, I might still get a Speck.

I've been really lazy for some reason to march my butt to AT&T. Not sure why exactly; weird...

I don't think AT&T will be offering OB cases for the GS3. I have only seen the Defender on Amazon with some sellers claiming to have it in stock despite the OB site retaining the Coming Soon status.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think AT&T will be offering OB cases for the GS3. I have only seen the Defender on Amazon with some sellers claiming to have it in stock despite the OB site retaining the Coming Soon status.

ATT will have it. If you looked at the guys on ebay selling it they had ATT packaging. So that tells me we will see it. Also its in the ATT system. I saw it when they looked it up for me at my local ATT corp store. SO I would expect it. Just don't know when.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
ATT will have it. If you looked at the guys on ebay selling it they had ATT packaging. So that tells me we will see it. Also its in the ATT system. I saw it when they looked it up for me at my local ATT corp store. SO I would expect it. Just don't know when.

You must have a close contact in the store. The Defender will probably be cheaper on Amazon even with shipping. However, given the delay issues that I have had getting the one that I ordered on Amazon, I may get the one in the store and cancel my order.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just an email from Amazon that the seller cancelled my order. I am checking to see if my gift card has been credited for the order amount. In any event, placing my order now.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You must have a close contact in the store. The Defender will probably be cheaper on Amazon even with shipping. However, given the delay issues that I have had getting the one that I ordered on Amazon, I may get the one in the store and cancel my order.

No close contact at all. They just looked to see if they could order it. They could but it never shipped to me. So if its in the system then they will be getting it. I mean it could be later than normal too. I know Amazon is now shipping it. I got mine shipped after I ordered it 3 days ago. I hope to have it Tuesday or Wednesday. You just have to order it from the correct sellers at this current time. And you will only have access to the black one as well only so far.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's cool. Amazon just credited my gift card. Which seller did you order from?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz