1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car/vehicle mount for SIII

I got my phone and I'm ready to jam in the car and hook it up. But I do not have a car mount except for the old I 777 that actually fits but it takes a second to jam the power slider into place I don't want to break the phone or scratch it too much... any suggestions on the car or vehicle mount for this phone that has a power slider or ac adapter already connected??? Don't want a cheap one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Car/vehicle mount for SIII

People on the xda forum are saying the Infuse 4g mounts fit perfectly on the SIII. Not sure if linking to another forum is allowed (if not, feel free to remove link)

Thanked by 2:
    rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Anyone try the Infuse 4g car dock? Is there any reason not to get this? I can't imagine the official S3 one being that much better and it will be much more $.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Not what you're searching for but falls under the title of Car Mount. I've had this for about 6 months and it is an awesome inexpensive dash mount. Extremely sticky to dash (but peels right off to move) and grippy for phone. It also puts it at a perfect angle for navigation. Best thing is the speed at which you can place and remove your phone. I highly recommend this car mount for people looking for an inexpensive but secure and easily accessible mount.
    Amazon.com: NEW! Roadster Smartphone Sticky Pad Dash Mount: Computers & Accessories
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rlb View Post
    Anyone try the Infuse 4g car dock? Is there any reason not to get this? I can't imagine the official S3 one being that much better and it will be much more $.
    I ordered one of these yesterday. I think it was $20 shipped. I will reply when it comes but looking at the pictures from the XDA forum, it looks like it will work great.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alanstrand View Post
    I ordered one of these yesterday. I think it was $20 shipped. I will reply when it comes but looking at the pictures from the XDA forum, it looks like it will work great.

Does it charge or can I hook my charger to it??
    Thanked by:
    rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    Does it charge or can I hook my charger to it??
    The micro usb cable inserts into the base. You can just insert the phone and it will go into vehicle mode as well as charging the phone. Also has a 3.5 mm audio out. Check out the xda forum thread. There is a video link in the first post.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

I really hope they announce a real car dock for the s3. That universal one they have for fifty dollars is an embarrassment to Samsung.

rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    I really hope they announce a real car dock for the s3. That universal one they have for fifty dollars is an embarrassment to Samsung.

Why not get the Samsung car mount for the Infuse 4G? The S3 fits perfectly and it is only about $15.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Awesome, Tried the i777 and it fits, but has a lot of figiting on the charger at bottom to scratch your way in! lol....
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

where is it $15.00 send link please....
    rlb

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0btech View Post
    where is it $15.00 send link please....
    Here you go. There is a good thread on XDA forums about it.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thank you I really appreciate it I'm getting her

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlb View Post
    Why not get the Samsung car mount for the Infuse 4G? The S3 fits perfectly and it is only about $15.
    THanks, Just ordered from AT&T online and it was the best deal. $17.99 and they not only shipped it the same day I ordered it (today), but they also sent it overnight so ill have it tomorrow... for free!

I am using the infuse car dock. Works great besides the minor noise interference. Not sure if its a bad unit or a defect.

You still need to buy a car charger for the s III even if you buy an infuse car dock, correct? Does it come with its own charger?
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomster2300 View Post
    You still need to buy a car charger for the s III even if you buy an infuse car dock, correct? Does it come with its own charger?
    It does not. Get the Motorola rapid charger on Amazon for six dollars. Best charger I've ever used. It will stock charger while using GPS and Pandora.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Lightbulb Re: Car/vehicle mount for SIII

Arkon Sticky Dash & Windshield Mount for SGS3:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggMNJRLrE8[/YT]

I prefer the Mobile Grip (the one that looks like a bracket), though they both work with cases; if you already have a micro USB car charger (who doesn't?) you're set. They also have a lighter socket mount with an integrated micro usb charging cable:

I have the Mountek ngroove mount. I am very happy with it. Stable beyond belief

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Hello,

Been skimming through this thread but haven't found what I'm looking for (I may have missed it). Is there a car charger that plugs into the lighter that ALSO has a 3.5mm-to-AUX? I want to be able to slide my S3 into the dock and it automatically begin charging and play music without fumbling with a 3.5mm cable.

I used this for my iphone into a proclip phone dock. The 3.5mm cable runs from the charger to the AUX plug. I have the proclip phone dock for the S3 but can't seem to find a charger that does. Please help!!