Where have you seen the Defender case?

summerlin18

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Currently waiting on the defender myself, but I have one question about the case itself... does anyone else think the hole for the home button will allow for a lot of dust to get under the screen protector? Looking at the home button of my phone, it is raised slightly and has a bezel around it, so maybe the hole will fit quite snugly, but it still has me fairly concerned. Any thoughts?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just keep checking the website hoping the Coming Soon notification changes. I sent a second note to the seller. They apologized and asked for patience as OB has not released it yet. There must have been something wrong with the design or 10m pre-orders and supply can't keep up.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just keep checking the website hoping the Coming Soon notification changes. I sent a second note to the seller. They apologized and asked for patience as OB has not released it yet. There must have been something wrong with the design or 10m pre-orders and supply can't keep up.

Not 100% sure! I hate the commuter case. Way to tight of a fit and it doesn't wanna fit into the plastic. So I am gonna be sending it back. I guess I will be waiting for the Defender.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy has the black OB Commuter. I could have chosen a bumper or Speck or Body Glove or CaseMate or Trident or Ballistic but I wanted a case that I was comfortable with until my Defender is released and delivered.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Last night I put my order in for the OB Defender case with someone who has it in stock. Not to sure that I believe it. If I get a delay email then I will cancel it. It was off of Amazon.com. Black one only.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Last night I put my order in for the OB Defender case with someone who has it in stock. Not to sure that I believe it. If I get a delay email then I will cancel it. It was off of Amazon.com. Black one only.

Be patient. You have cases as a stop gap until the Defender arrives. Meanwhile, massaged the cases buttons until I heard them making a faint puckering sound. I found the sweet spot where a bit more pressure than normal but not much for lock and power off. Definitely not accidental presses with this case but I was pushing my luck with going commando for three weeks.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector. Main concern is protecting the body of the phone as I was pushing my luck going commando for three weeks.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My Otterbox Defender case has been shipped out to me today! I hope to have it early next week. I will be sure to post pictures when I get it!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I sent a note to the original seller. If I don't hear something good, I am going to request a refund from Amazon and order from another seller.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I sent a note to the original seller. If I don't hear something good, I am going to request a refund from Amazon and order from another seller.

I don't think they charge your credit card until it ships. So I would just ask for it to be canceled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am wrestling with cancelling the order. Amazon does not have a customer service number where you can talk to a real person to sort your issue if you want to cancel.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the most unproductive live chat with Amazon. Apparently, there is a two week investigation process involved. I realize that a seller cannot sell inventory that they do not have but as it appears that there are sellers on Amazon who have the case in stock. I am getting a bit iimpatient when I receive replies to my contact emails that Otterbox has not released the case for sale. Clearly, there are sellers who have received inventory.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the most unproductive live chat with Amazon. Apparently, there is a two week investigation process involved. I realize that a seller cannot sell inventory that they do not have but as it appears that there are sellers on Amazon who have the case in stock. I am getting a bit iimpatient when I receive replies to my contact emails that Otterbox has not released the case for sale. Clearly, there are sellers who have received inventory.

Wow I do not blame you! Good luck with it. I hope they are able to figure it out for you. Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21