Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcp007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM10

Default Tech21 Impact Snap Case

I found this case that has "d3o technology to absorb shock and vibration from drops and everyday usage." I haven't heard of this case or anything before, but it's intriguing. Does anyone think it would be worth while to purchase? Or should I just go with an Otterbox like I was planning?

Thanked by:
    beh 
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Default Re: Tech21 Impact Snap Case

It is a good looking case with some interesting technology. When the Samsung blue version is back in stock I believe I will order one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Looks pretty thick though.. I wonder how it will work when you plug in the mini USB cord, etc.. It does look like it will protect well though and obviously very advanced material.. not cheap but protection is needed with this device. I prefer the blue myself since the white will obviously get dirty in a hurry.
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Once I have it in hand I will have first hand knowledge of how big it is and how it fits. Pictures lie all the time, see for example, any video from MSNBC
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM10

I tried this case on an S3 at a T-Mobile store. It's pretty thin and seems protective but I think I'm still going to go with an Otterbox.
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Well, when I ordered the seller claimed they were in stock and took my money. However, I am not informed that they are out of stock with a tentative ship date late this month (so now I am proving free bank loans to them). This seller has definitely gone on my "no more ordering" puppy **** list.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

cataloochee: how about outing the seller so everyone knows who not to order from?
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

Update: Two days before posting here yesterday about the seller I had sent them an email about this. As of today no response of any kind. They are currently on the top of my donkey dung list.
    The seller is Mobilefun.com.

I almost bought this case at a TMobile store the other day. It feels and looks really nice, a bit pricey though...

I don't really understand this case. All this protective technology in the case why in the world would they create a snap case instead of covering the corners with the d3o technology like the one they made for the galaxy s2. It really only protects the back and if you drop it what are the odds you'll only drop it on the back?

I have this case. It's decent. The top and bottom end of the phone are really exposed, but it's far less bulky than the Otterbox Commuter case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Isn't the point to a case to protect all parts of the phone? The Defender adds 0.3 inches essentially doubling the depth a super-thin phone which really means that it is still more slim. The Commuter adds even less. With both cases, you don't have to worry about the cases popping apart on impact. With a direct face drop, the Defender has enough of a lip that it absorbs the shock instead of the phone. Protection trumps fashion and appearance.
    Archienj7 likes this.
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

For many of us protection does not trump style.
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

My Tech 21 case finally was delivered on Sat. Aug. 4. After trying it on the phone and giving it a careful inspection I find that I prefer the Rearth slim case better. The Tech21 case doesn't completely encircle the front/top edge of the SE and it doesn't cover as much of the corners as does the Rearth slim case. While it is a bit thicker it is not enough to really make a difference over the Rearth slim case. However, the tactile feel of the Rearth black slim case is definitely much better than the surface of the Tech 21 case. Overall, a well constructed case that comes in a fairly close 2nd to the Rearth slim case.