Can't find that perfect case? Speck has options...

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
For those of you wanting protection AND style... go to specks website right now and order the candyshell. I've had one for every phone I've ever owned. Great build material and they look great without adding too much bulk. I don't see many other options for good quality cases right now, plus they offer tax free, no shipping. 35 bucks isn't bad.

Or if you want all protection, otterbox has their stuff in stock right now as well. Hopefully we'll have more options once the phones hit store fronts but for now I'll be sticking with my candyshell at work/naked at home... oh and my phone will be caseless too ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Symbianblack

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
For those of you wanting protection AND style... go to specks website right now and order the candyshell. I've had one for every phone I've ever owned. Great build material and they look great without adding too much bulk. I don't see many other options for good quality cases right now, plus they offer tax free, no shipping. 35 bucks isn't bad.

Or if you want all protection, otterbox has their stuff in stock right now as well. Hopefully we'll have more options once the phones hit store fronts but for now I'll be sticking with my candyshell at work/naked at home... oh and my phone will be caseless too ;)

it doesnt offer the protection as a otter box or even seidio cases offer. They look pretty but looks dont mean anything when it couldnt protect the front of the screen from getting shattered

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
it doesnt offer the protection as a otter box or even seidio cases offer. They look pretty but looks dont mean anything when it couldnt protect the front of the screen from getting shattered

Haven't seen the drop tests but I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of gorilla glass. Also the phone is big enough as it is, an otterbox for the majority of people is too much. And have you ever owned a candyshell? Dropped my phones in that two layer TPU shell numerous times. Sometimes flat on its face and I've yet to see one damaged.

Not trying to say you're wrong, they aren't the best protection. But far from inferior and not just for looks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree the candy shell offers some of the best protection for a phone. I bought one for my daughter's iphone for that reason. I have seen it dropped several times and do fine. It just bounces a few times lol!

That said I do not like how the shiny coating get scratched up so easily. It starts to look bad after a few days. Also there is no holster option that I am aware. I like to go pocket or holster depending on what I am wearing. As one who switches out my phones and SIM card out regularly, the candy shell is not as easy to take off or put on as the Seidio Surface.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Speck makes some great cases, but they are a bear to get off and on and for that reason alone I do not buy them anymore

Ruthless1982

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the pixelskin HD for about a week now. I had the same case for my iPhone 4 and I've definitely got no complaints with the GS3 version. Offers minimal bulk, decent grip, and a good amount of protection. And it goes on and off a lot easier than the candyshell.