1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 HDMI Adapter

Hello Gents,

I read that the S3 requires a unique HDMI adapter, and I was wondering if that was only for the international version or the US (AT&T specifically) version too. Either way, a link to a working adapter would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: S3 HDMI Adapter

is this real?
    beh

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Default Re: S3 HDMI Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by RamiF22 View Post
    Hello Gents,

I read that the S3 requires a unique HDMI adapter, and I was wondering if that was only for the international version or the US (AT&T specifically) version too. Either way, a link to a working adapter would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    AT&T stores and Samsung both sell the necessary adapter. From what I have read the S3 uses the newer 11 pin wired HDMI connector instead of the older more common 5 pin wired HDMI connector.

Here's a thought....since the pin configuration of the RIM chargers works on the GS3, I have a Rocketfish micro HDMI cable. Would this work as well as the OEM. I believe that the pin configuration should fit with HDMI end in the HDMI port on the television.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Here's a thought....since the pin configuration of the RIM chargers works on the GS3, I have a Rocketfish micro HDMI cable. Would this work as well as the OEM. I believe that the pin configuration should fit with HDMI end in the HDMI port on the television.

Any luck with this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Haven't tried it yet as I am a bit worried about messing up my GS3. I was hoping that someone who is a bit more savvy could answer first.