Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: GS3 Otterbox Defender Case Review-Extended

Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    Does the thicker screen protection cause any kind of problems when using the touchscreen, like some commands that arent recognized or something?

Cheers
    Screen gestures all work flawlessly.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Now that the case has been available for a while, how are the port covers holding up? I was not happy with the iPhone 4 otterbox. Could not get the flaps to stay closed.

I am using the Seidio Convert/Surface combo and the port covers are about perfect. Really love my case, but the lack of a built in screen protector is an issue.
    Thinking of making a switch, unless someone can recommend a better screen protector that covers more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    The flaps work well in providing protection against lint and dust. The built-in screen protector while not HD quality is more than sufficient in terms of coverage. Please check out the posted in this forum thread. Even though it might be while before a Zagg HD screen protector discolors or peels, I prefer the non-adhesive one more.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

The only gesture that does not work correcting in my day to day use is taking screen shots with the wave of your hand. Any case will have this issue though. So I just use the button combos instead. Otherwise the touch screen works without an issue!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    The only gesture that does not work correcting in my day to day use is taking screen shots with the wave of your hand. Any case will have this issue though. So I just use the button combos instead. Otherwise the touch screen works without an issue!
    It works just fine. You need to press the edge of your hand on the right lip making contact with screen swiping right to left.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Are there any other good options like this otterbox defender case? I cant seem to find it in my country...
    cheers
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Are there any other good options like this otterbox defender case? I cant seem to find it in my country...
    cheers
    Ballistic Maxx case is a good one. Seidio Active case as well. Did you try Shop Android on this site for the Defender?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Checked. Not available on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Checked. Not available on this site.
    Umm... It is on the Site.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Ballistic MAXX is junk stay away from that case. Have you checked out the Phantom Case by Case-mate? Another Otterbox like case! You can buy this one Amazon as well.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Browse Samsung Galaxy S3 Case & Holster Combos - ShopAndroid

Well spotted. I was looking in the wrong section. Hard cases instead of Case & Holster combos where the Defender is shown. Thanks for pointing this out.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Ballistic MAXX is junk stay away from that case. Have you checked out the Phantom Case by Case-mate? Another Otterbox like case! You can buy this one Amazon as well.
    Thanks for the tip.
    What about the Commuter, from Otterbox, anyone tried it yet? I read some buyers reviews that said that the screen protection that comes with the the Defender from Otterbox sucks. They say it makes the beautifull 4.8 screen look terrible and that they took it off and decided to use another one. Is this true?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

The Commuter screen protector is an adhesive one versus the Defender which is not. I chose not to use the screen protector but I did use the Defender one and while it is not HD quality, it is just fine. It does not make the screen look horrible. With adhesive screens, they eventually peel up and/or discolor, granted it will take some time. Some may take longer than others but I wouldn't want to have to change them.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Thanks for the tip.
    What about the Commuter, from Otterbox, anyone tried it yet? I read some buyers reviews that said that the screen protection that comes with the the Defender from Otterbox sucks. They say it makes the beautifull 4.8 screen look terrible and that they took it off and decided to use another one. Is this true?
    Hey I have an extra commuter case laying around if you wanna try it. I haven't even open it yet. In box me maybe we can work something out for cheap! I didn't care for the one I used It was to much of a pain in the *** to take off and on. Some people however loved it!

The Defender is the way to go IMO. Over all better built quality and just a lot easier to take a part!

Good luck getting that perfect case! Just keep looking and you will find it I am sure!

Farewell...
    HTC One (ATT GSM)

the OB Defender is a great case. It's like a tank, I don't have to worry about dropping my phone and the screen protector is great. only one grip though, when sitting in the car you have to make sure it's not slid to far back or you may run the chase of popping the belt clip off.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Take the holster and phone off when in the car. I am having to get a new holster as the part that enables the kickstand broke. OB is replacing the holster at no charge without np questions asked.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

I use Acase superleggera pro, much cheaper and less bulkier, i like it a lot. I also use spigen curved crystal protector screen
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Otterbox sent a cometely new Defender case as a replacement even though all I needed was just the holster. They did not provide a return shipping label.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

I got the ob defender. Its a good case but one thing I hate is when viewing a white screen it looks all gritty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Better than scratched beyond recognition. I would rather have the screen protector than having to put up with a peeling or discolored adhesive screen protector.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Monday I had the phone in holster on my belt, in my kitchen. I turned around and my arm touched the phone. The phone/holster fell to the ceramic tile floor. The phone stayed in the holster and was undamaged. I found that one side of the belt clip was broken. It had to have broken on my belt before the fall, otherwise it wouldn't have come off in the first place.

Anyway, I called Otterbox and explained what happened. The lady said she would be sending out a replacement, plus an extra one.

Fantastic customer service as always!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

I agree that their customer service is great. I take my holster off in the car and at the office just to reduce the wear and tear on the clip. They sent me an entire new case and holster when I only needed the holster. Now, if I could only get them to release a Defender series case for my Note 10.1, that would be awesome.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

You make a convincing argument, and I'm not exactly as gentle with phones, as I should be. Thanks for the feedback.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge007 View Post
    You make a convincing argument, and I'm not exactly as gentle with phones, as I should be. Thanks for the feedback.
    Don't forget to check the acase superleggera pro alternative, it's cheaper and also very good, that's what I got along with the curved crystal screen protector and I am very happy with it.

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Don't forget to check the acase superleggera pro alternative, it's cheaper and also very good, that's what I got along with the curved crystal screen protector and I am very happy with it.
    I missed this post. Unfortunately, I did break the screen on Thursday the 13th....I'm not superstitious, but maybe I should be? ....... Had to pay $329 to get it replaced....I did go out immediately and buy the Defender Otterbox....Maybe I'll look it up and check it out. I think all the cool kids switch their cases every now and then to keep things fresh don't they?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge007 View Post
    I missed this post. Unfortunately, I did break the screen on Thursday the 13th....I'm not superstitious, but maybe I should be? ....... Had to pay $329 to get it replaced....I did go out immediately and buy the Defender Otterbox....Maybe I'll look it up and check it out. I think all the cool kids switch their cases every now and then to keep things fresh don't they?
    My son has a bumper case on his phone but is now back to the Defender model for his phone.

Did you not have insurance? The deductible could not have been that high to replace the screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast