Zagg v ghost Armor

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, anyone use one over the other?

Anyone ever use a defender case with/over one of these?

Can you use either with a case like the commuter style?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If I still had my Commuter, I would use the Zagg HD screen protector. Alternatively, get the Defender with a non-adhesive screen protector and don't use the holster.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Reactions: Yogi217

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I swear by Ghost Armor. The only case that it doesn't work so well with is Seidio Surface cases. Those cases are generally right right on the screen, meaning not enough room for a screen protector. When I put the case on, it looked like the case was digging into the screen protector.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If I still had my Commuter, I would use the Zagg HD screen protector. Alternatively, get the Defender with a non-adhesive screen protector and don't use the holster.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Yeah. I have the defender now, but i'm not liking the screen protector after coming from a naked iphone.

It's good enough though and ill deal with it for now. Eventually, i'll switch to using a different screen protector.

Question. What settings do you have on the display to mitigate the screen protector?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried to adjust any settings. You might try screen brightness, maybe? Any screen protector will need some maintenance. The trade-off between the Zagg HD screen protector is that, despite how well you install it, it peels up and discolors eventually from the oils/dirt upon contact. These adhesive ones need to be replaced over time. The non-adhesive one on the Defender can be cleaned by taking the case apart instead of unpeeling the old proctector, cleaning the screen and re-applying the replacement one.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried to adjust any settings. You might try screen brightness, maybe? Any screen protector will need some maintenance. The trade-off between the Zagg HD screen protector is that, despite how well you install it, it peels up and discolors eventually from the oils/dirt upon contact. These adhesive ones need to be replaced over time. The non-adhesive one on the Defender can be cleaned by taking the case apart instead of unpeeling the old proctector, cleaning the screen and re-applying the replacement one.

Thank you. It's funny. Was out with a friend who has na older DROID phone and he was super impressed with the s3 screen even with the defender on. I guess I'm just spoiled because I didn't use one for 6 months on my last phone. :D

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The defender case is great! As long as you can deal with the bulk. The built in SP does add some glare but they all do. By any means is it perfect but I enjoy using it.

Terminator91

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Only tried the Zagg and Military Shield, not ghost armor. I didn't like the cut of the Zagg, especially near the top. It was too open, whereas the Military Shield wrapped around everything with cutouts for the camera, speaker etc.

It did get ruined with a tight case, apparently many cases have a problem with wet-application protectors because they are too thick and the edges slightly bubble or crease.

Can tell you the Diztronic cases will definitely ruin your appliction of a wet-screen, making it look unsightly.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor makes a great product but I am skeptical about any adhesive not peeling up at some point needing replacement.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the ghost armor on the front with a best buy two piece front and back case which seem to be the best when it comes to having any type of screen protector including zagg. Because other types of cases ruin them with the sliding or when your trying to put them on.. front and back snap cases are the best to use with a screen shield.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used Invisible Shield on all my BB devices. I'm using an HD screen protector on my Gs3. Absolutely no "orange peel" texture. Smooth as silk. Using a casemate pop (I think its called). Great combo.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am currently researching which anti fingerprint brand to buy for my new S3. I used Steinheil on my Captivate Galaxy 1 and never had a problem with the screen protector lifting in 2 years.

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my Red GSIII It should come in in two days! :) I also ordered the Defender. I was planning on using the holster at work, or when I don't want to have to dig in my pockets for the phone. Why do you say "don't use the holster" ?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So I finally purchased the Zagg extreme. I am very happy with it. It took more than a week for all bibles to go away, now it is perfectly clear. You can barely tell a protector is on, except for the fact that it is thick and is raised above the screen, but the clarity is good. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc